Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 9 years ago

Should i get new snowboard to jib with?

i have a 155cm forum scallywag my boot size is 11, my height is about 6 foot, and i weigh around 155 pounds. i was getting really into jibbing and was wondering if it is worth the money to get a new board to jib with, Thanks!

Favorite Answer

You should be fine with the board you have. Specs say that it's a mid-flexing, deep-reverse camber, freestyle board. Sounds like it's ready to take on most of jib action. It may not be a stable on rails as a dual camber or flat camber boards, but if you're used to your board's handling, then you should be fine.

If you're not sure about your board's capabilities, I recommend going to your local resort's demo shop (not to be confused with the rental shop) and try a few boards. Most resorts have a package where for about $60 a day you can try as many boards as you like and they have all the newest boards and technology.

Source(s): I work at a ski resort in the winter.

You already have a sick set up, my buddy got a new lib tech last year and has all the new features for jibbing. You should also check out my clothing company and follow on facebook for new releases. Leef Labs Clothing based in VT.

http://www.facebook.com/leeflabsclothing