Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

what do yall think about jehovah's witnesses?

against or with them?? What do you think about there believes?

Favorite Answer

Greetings,

Asking people for their personal opinions has very little value. Instead of seeking such subjective speculations true value would be found in looking at objective evidence. That is, we should get God's viewpoint by looking within His Word the Bible for the criteria which identifies true Christians. The Bible always indicates that there would be One True religion opposed to many false ones (Mat. 7:15-19 ;2 Cor. 6:14-17; 1 Cor. 10:21).

First, the Bible does not agree with the idea that there are many acceptable religions, all "different roads leading to the same place." Rather it teaches that there is"one Lord and one faith" and "one body" of believers (Eph 4:3-6; 2:16; Rm. 12:5; Jude 3-4). "One body" in scriptures indicate a unity in purpose and togetherness. In Hebrew and Greek the term "congregation" (QAHAL, ECCLESIA) always denotes an organized body or group. Christ showed that we would be able to identify True Christians and they would be separated from the weeds or false Christians at "the conclusion of the system of things...and the righteous ones would then shine as brightly as the sun" (Mat.13:24-30, 36-43; Dan.12:1,3,10; Mal.3:18).

Now, what are the Scriptural evidence we can use in identifying the one true religion? These are not complicated.

Scriptures say true worshipers could be identified in at least three main ways: Love, Truth (Jn.4:23; 17:17), and Fruitage (Mt.7:16ff). Conversely, by these we can also identify the false.

The True religion would be primarily known for it's love toward all (Jn.13:34,35; 1Jn.3:10-12; 4:7, 8). This would include their enemies (Mat.5:44-48; Rom.12:17-20; 1Pet.2:21-23; 3:8- 9). It would not participate in or condone carnal war (2Cor.10:3,4; Isa.2:4).

Apply this basic evidence to what happened in both world wars and current conflicts. People of the same religions met on battlefields and slaughtered one another because of nationalistic differences. Each side claimed to be Christian, and each side was supported by its clergy, who claimed that God was on their side. The definition of a "Christian" is "one who does what Christ would do": WWJD (1 Pet.2:21). That slaughter of "Christian" by "Christian" is rotten fruitage. It is a denial of any claim to being the true Church (cf. Mat.26:52). No Christian would continue to associate with these religions (Rev.18:4).

Another evidence is that the true religion would be made up of people who would all be in agreement on doctrine. It would not have members who believe differently on abortion, war, homosexuality or morals. Its members would not "agree to disagree" (1Cor.1:10; 2Cor.13:11; Phil.1:27). True Christians would be separated from the world by "truth" from God's Word the Bible (Jn.17:17; 4:23). All its teachings would be based on the Bible (2 Tim. 3:14-16; Gal. 1:8, 9).

The true religion would have a reputation for promoting exceptional morality in its members (1Cor.6:9,10; Eph.5:3-5; 2 Pet.3:14; 2Cor.7:1; 2Tim.3:5). Does a religion *require* their congregation members to live moral lives, not allowing practicers of homosexuality, fornication, or adultery to be accepted members of their congregation? Or do they turn a blind eye? If so, their "fruitage" would show they are not true Christians.

Doctrinal and moral standards would be assured from within by removing the unrepentant from association (1Cor.5:11-13, 2Thes. 3:6, Tit.3:10-11, Mat.18:17).

True Christians would be associated with God's name: (Jn.17:3,6,26; Acts 15:14/Isa.55:5; 1 Peter 2:9/Ex.19:4- 5; Ps.83:18). They would not use Bibles which have removed the Most Holy Divine Name of God. Replacing the Divine Name with the common noun "Lord" cannot be justified by any translational principles so it is a blatant "subtraction" from God's word which brings a curse on anyone who approves it (Rev.22:18).

The true Church would be engaged in an unprecedented teaching activity (Matthew 24:14, 28:19, 20). Witnesses right now are performing the greatest Bible education work ever done in all human history!

There are more scripture evidences, however these are plenty to show which religion meets the requirements of being the True religion.

Apostate Christianity has neither the spiritual strength nor the support of God's holy spirit to motivate people to follow the truthful teachings of Jesus Christ. For this reason, the result in Christendom is not true Christianity but counterfeit believers, "weeds" unfit for the Kingdom.-Mat13:24ff.

I have examined almost every religion and I have not seen another one whose members as a whole "practice what they preach," or even unitedly agree on what they should preach. I believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses can meet these requirements.

Sincerely,

BAR-ANERGES

I've never met a Jehovah's Witness before. But I never judge someone by their beliefs, only by their personality usually. I'm not against them though. But I do mildly disagree with their beliefs because I don't like how a Jehovah's Witness on Four Weddings is of course supposed to visit all of the brides' weddings but she can't, she just watched it in the car just because she's entering a Church that doesn't share her beliefs. That's kind of ridiculous, no offense! I understand, but it's not like she's taking mass there, it's not like they'll force her to profess other beliefs from other religions, she's not even going to pray there or to pray a different religion's prayer, she's not doing anything that's against her beliefs as a Jehovah's Witness, she's just going to a wedding and to see two people to be united as one, that's all! Other than that, I respect the rest of their beliefs.

To Jim: Where did you done your research about C.T Russell? Hopefully not on one of those sites dedicated to bash the Jehovah's Witnesses. If you really want to know about Russell, I suggest you go straight to the sources and read the "Proclaimers" book, published by the Watchtower. Man, this book gave a very insightful looked into the formations and believes of J.W. The wordings are smart, simple, tasteful, and well balance.

They are wonderful people.

They understand the Bible better than many and perhaps all the other religions

They don't commit idolatry like the Christians and Catholics.

They only follow the teachings of the bible, no matter what the situation may be if they do not.

They don't accept blood transfusions which others who say they are Christians do

They are not hypocrites.

They are the only religion that show true love among each other -

A good tree produces good fruit while bad ones produce rotten fruits. What have other religions given us, truly?

Religions are the cause of war.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones that do not go to war, and will never go to war, regardless of what the consequence will be for them.

But overall, their bible teachings are unmatched. I am studying with them in my home as well.

Beware - of the one that transforms himself into the angel of light.

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14 )

"The one called Devil and Satan . . . is misleading the entire inhabited earth."—1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.

Source(s): You can choose to follow the ones that are going down the path of destruction. Free Will. In the end, we get our just desserts.
  • andre

we are a peaceful friend group. we don't do or sell drugs, join gangs, contribute to STDs, teenage pregnancy, we are not criminals, we are honest, hard working and trustworthy people. we keep our homes neat and tidy, obey laws, well dressed and teach the bible. so why all the hate? when others are criminals, drug addicts or thieves they get a pass but we live a good life we get hated on. a twisted world we live in

I like them better than most christians as they actually live their faith. I don't necessarily agree with their interpretation of the bible, but like amish, Mennonites, Quakers and such, they actually follow their interpretation of the bible rather than many protestants who either ignore the parts of the bible they don't like or actually twist the worlds of the bible to conform to their preexisting prejudices.

While I have never met a Jehova's witness who knows the Bible as well as the average, well educated agnostic, I do recognize them as those who wish to one day be enlightened. They will be joining us if they live long enough.

• Jim

I studied with them for 1 1/2 years, I found them to be genuine, warm and caring people. But then I started investigating their founder; C.T. Russell and what the real doctrine of their assembly is, could not go on. Also, their bible leaves out important verses, just to prove this doctrine. I am a born again christian, and had to pass on their teachings. I still talk to them but would never return to their teachings. Pray for them to find the real truth.

• Mindy

Almighty JEHOVAH God Himself answers by means of His written Word the holy Bible... and I quote:

Isaiah 43:10-12:

"YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

12 “I myself have told forth and have saved and have caused [it] to be heard, when there was among YOU no strange [god]. So YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I am God."

Meaning:

We (Jehovah's Witnesses) are His witnesses, is the utterance of Jehovah, even his collective servant whom He has chosen, in order that we may have faith in Him and come to understand that He is the same One. Before Him there was no God formed and after Him there continued to be none. He is JEHOVAH and besides Him there is no savior (after-all, if it weren't for Him SENDING His Son Jesus, Jesus wouldn't have come to earth). He Himself have told forth and have saved and have caused it to be heard, when there was among us no strange god. So we are His witnesses, is the utterance of Jehovah and He IS God... This is why we are rightfully and scripturally called "JEHOVAH'S Witnesses" or more specifically the unified, worldwide "CHRISTIAN congregation of JEHOVAH'S Witnesses".

http://bit.ly/jFWK4S

I would think that out of ALL people you're seeking an answer from, Almighty JEHOVAH God's answer should override everyone. Please DON'T pick me for "best answer", pick JEHOVAH's Words at Isaiah 43:10-12 for best answer.

Ciao

EDIT:

Contrary to popular but HIGHLY ERRONEOUS belief, Charles Taze Russell WAS NOT and IS NOT the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, not at all whatsoever: http://pastorrussell.blogspot.com

Source(s): Truth... and nothing but.

I try to be polite when I tell them to go away.

They are kind of scary, they are dressed up in these really nice clothes, and walk up to random people's houses just to talk about god. Whenever they come up I hide behind the couch so they can't see me.