Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why does Sarah Palin say that Automated Teller Machines destroy jibs, how ignorant is she?

Favorite Answer

That was our President. Our very stupid president.

I am assuming that "jibs" means jobs. If you want to get technical about it a teller machine does replace a human that could be doing that job. I still prefer the automated teller, guess that makes me an awful person but its much faster and does not talk back.

I think this is just an attempt at trolling. A poor one.

For all the jib comments: A jib is a triangular sail the is attached to the foremast of a sailing vessel. So, unless there is some hidden triangular sail habitat that is being endangered by ATMs, I suspect 'jobs' was the intended word.

I haven't heard Palin say that, but I did hear the Obama statement. It's a false statement though. Jobs are created through manufacturing ATM's, selling them, maintaining them, etc. A thorough debunking of the technology destroys jobs myth is explained well in this article- http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnist...

• J M

Well, if she knows what jibs are, she is smarter than me.

But they have destroyed jobs. They allowed banks to have shorter hours and hire less tellers. Personally I would prefer a live person and longer bank hours. Try getting a problem resolved with a teller machine.

• ?

The media destroyed Palin and Prejean because of the fact they have been conservative women human beings. So, i anticipate for the media to harm Tiger Woods, he'd ought to desire to be a conservative woman. Is Tiger a conservative woman? playstation : for somebody who champions very own accountability, you have infinite excuses for somebody's fall from grace. Their fall fairly had now not something to do with being hypocrites?

• Dr. D

Sorry, but Sarah Palin did not make that statement. The statement that ATMs reduced jobs comes from President Obama. Really.

• c0w60y

That was Obama that said that, and speaking of ignorant, I'm sure Sarah can spell Jobs J-O-B-S, unlike you!

See the video and the words coming right out of his mouth.

0bama said the destroy JOBS. I don't know, maybe Palin did say they destroy JIBS, but considering that isn't a word, I don't know what the point is in saying it.

That was your Harvard graduated President that said that.

Do we have any proof he went to Harvard? Maybe that is the problem,he didn't hmm..

• ?

That sounds just like seeing Russia from the front porch.

Are you still having trouble telling Sarah Palin from Tina Fey?