Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jehovah's Witnesses, in Revelation 19:14, the armies which are in Heaven follow Jesus, who is in this army?

It tells us that they were following Jesus on white horses. Who are they?

All Christian answers welcome!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Rev. 19:14-16 reads in part, “And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following [Jesus] on white horses.” Just because they’re dressed in white doesn’t mean they’re angels! Earlier in the same chapter, in v. 7-8, they are identified—not as angels—but as the bride or saints of Christ:

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready. It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints."

Scriptural support for these armies being “saints” or “holy ones” and distinct from angels can also be found in Rev 3:4-5:

"But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

Rev. 6:9-11: When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.

Rev. 7:9-14: After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen." Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

And 1 Thes 3:12-13: May the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you; so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.

Compare these verses to Zech 14:5: “And Jehovah my God will certainly come, all the holy ones being with him.” (NWT)

After the resurrection of Jesus Christ, no righteous person is ever said to go down to rest with their fathers (as was the case in the Old Testament), but instead they go to be with the Lord (2 Cor 5:8; Phil 1:23; Acts 7:59; 2 Pet 1:13-14). There they await the time when they will follow Jesus when He returns to earth for His 1000-year reign. After this comes the eternal state, where they will inherit the new heavens and earth (Mat 5:3-10; Rev 21&22).

Jesus is ALSO coming with his powerful angels as Grey Tower mentioned, to bring vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus (2 Thes 1:7-8). This corresponds with the prophecy mentioned in Jude 14-15: "Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.” (NWT) and Deut 33:2-3: "Jehovah--from Sinai he came, And he flashed forth from Seir upon them...And with him were holy myriads." (NWT)

• 10 years ago

Clearly, the account is symbolic, because flesh cannot enter the heavens according to Jesus.

The armies that are referenced there are more than likely a symbolic reference to the power and might that Jesus will be revealing in the final battle. Jesus has no need of horses in heaven.

So, after a thorough consideration of the scriptures, the armies that follow Jesus would simply be the cherubs and seraphim that exist in heaven, the heavenly host of divinely created beings.

• amaya
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

There are a pair of motives they say immediately he occurred as King of God's Kingdom, and that the top will quickly persist with. It has lots to do with with financial disaster 4 interior the e book of Daniel, finally they took that to symbolize 7 x 360 days = 2520, then replaced days with years based on the day for 365 days theory/idealogy. whilst counted from the time 607 BC, whilst Jerusalem became overtaken by utilising Babylonians, "the reducing down of the tree" in Nebuchadnezzar's dream in Daniel financial disaster 4, comes out to be 1914 i think. That date is likewise subsidized with the initiating of the various indications of the top circumstances as prophesized by utilising Jesus. international conflict I being the 1st, observed by utilising the various diverse illnesses famines, and wars to persist with.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

1 Cor. 16:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?

Also, Jude 14-15.

Holy ones = those who repented with the blood of Jesus (1 Peter 1:22-23; 1 John 3:2-3).

Rev. 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

2 Thess. 1:10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

2 Tim. 4:8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Is it really that hard?

Source(s): Not a JW. Not a Christian. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201106...
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

The rider on the white horse is called "Faithful and True". The name written on him is known only to himself. His robe is dipped in blood and his name is the Word of God. On his robe and on his thigh is this name: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. The armies of heaven follow him.

The armies of heaven are angelic beings. See Deuteronomy 33:2 where Moses said "The Lord... came with myriads of holy ones (angels)" and Psalm 68:17 where "the chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands." He may also be accompanied with his called, chosen and faithful followers (see Revelation 17:14).

In Revelation, it is always angels who carry out God's will, his chosen instruments.

NOTE: 1 Timothy 6:6, talking about God, the blessed and only Ruler, describes him as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Looks like Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God, shares the same name.

• The angelic army and those of the 144,000 who are already in heaven.

• 10 years ago

the angles

as they are seen in a fighting role in the bible

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.