promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 9 years ago

2006 Honda Civic LX with 125k miles?

Would a 2006 Honda Civic LX with 125k miles be a good buy at $7500? I'm looking to buy from a private party. He says it's highway miles, clean title, first owner and has been well maintained. What do you think?

Thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • dvskv
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We recently got a super deal and bought a 2009 Honda Civic LX with 16,500 miles that came off of a lease with Honda Finance. We had been looking and had established our TARGET of getting resdesigned Honda Civic (2006-2011) with mileage up to like 75,000 miles or 2009-2010 Toyota Corolla.

What we found or discovered was $7,500 was the lowest asking price and HONDA DEALERSHIPS had the highest prices plus when negotiating with auto sales businesses, you must inquire about their additional add-on processing fees to the asking price.

Yes, CLEAR TITLE is an absolute must and I would also recommend inquiring from private parties why they are selling but one or 2 owner vehicles is good choice. FYI our auto insurance company USAA San Antonio TX offers CARFAX deal like 5 inquires for like $36 or so <= I would encourage getting copy of CarFax report because it tells a lot about interesting information about particular vehicle based on VIN: how many owners, whether it was in accident or stolen etc.

On the negative side 125,000 miles is a lot, that if possible you should inquire about discount because 2006 Civic LX is 5-6 years old so 1st owner has been driving like 25,000 or more annually. You might also want to see proof of like timing belt change and check tires and additionally take it to MECHANIC or even HONDA to have them hook vehicle to computer for diagnostic bec $7500 spent for someone's headaches of something going bad is like waking up to bad dream/nightmare and what's a few extra dollars (even $100) for peace of mind based on expert mechanic's assessment of potential repairs and maintenance you can expect to pay in coming months.

Hope the Above Info Helps!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.