Is there any kind of electrical issue that can cause lights to turn on and off by themselves?

I moved in to a new apartment last week and I've been having problems with lights turning on and off. I thought I was just being scatterbrained at first but it's happened numerous times in different rooms and I know I'm not turning them on and off. I turned all the lights off before I went out of town... show more I moved in to a new apartment last week and I've been having problems with lights turning on and off. I thought I was just being scatterbrained at first but it's happened numerous times in different rooms and I know I'm not turning them on and off. I turned all the lights off before I went out of town and came back to find the living room light on, the kitchen light turned off last night when I walked to my bedroom then back to the kitchen, and it was on this morning after I'd turned it off last night. I'm not having any problem turning them on or off myself, the switches always work properly, I just don't understand why it keeps happening.
Update: Thanks, I'll ask my landlord to check it out!