Is Obama's "Gunslinger" scandal (ATF giving guns to cartels) potentially like Reagan's Iran Contra scandal?

The similiarities are startling. Not to mention Obama handles this question less than stellar as if he isn't expecting it at all. What do you think? (For clarification: PBO = President Barack Obama and JR = Jorge Ramos, the... show more The similiarities are startling. Not to mention Obama handles this question less than stellar as if he isn't expecting it at all.

What do you think?

(For clarification: PBO = President Barack Obama and JR = Jorge Ramos, the reporter)
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/03/robert-farago/obama-on-atf-gunwalker-scandal-i-didnt-know-about-smuggled-guns/

JR: THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT COMPLAINS THAT THEY WERE NOT INFORMED ABOUT THE “FAST AND FURIOUS” OPERATION. DID YOU AUTHORIZE THIS OPERATION AND WAS PRESIDENT CALDERON PROPERLY INFORMED ABOUT IT?

PBO: Well, first of all I did not authorize it. Eric Holder, the Attorney General, did not authorize it. He’s been very clear that our policy is to catch gun runners and put them into jail. So what he’s done is he’s assigned an I.G., an inspector general, to investigate what exactly happened…

JR: SO WHO AUTHORIZED IT?

PBO: Well, we don’t have all the facts. That’s why the I.G. is in business. To collect the facts.

JR: AND YOU WERE NOT EVEN INFORMED ABOUT IT?

PBO: Absolutely not, this is a pretty big government, the United States government. I got a lot of moving parts. But I want to be very clear, I spoke to President Calderon when he came to visit just a few weeks ago, our policy is to ramp up the interdiction of guns flowing south because that’s contributing to some of the security problems that are taking place in Mexico and what we are doing is trying to build the kind of cooperation between Mexico and the United States that we haven’t seen before. That ensures that we have a comprehensive approach.
Update: @brown........."It's something for the press to play with, now that Weener is gone."

Well, good riddance. I would certainly like to see reporting on this instead of Anthony Weiner's c*ck shots.
Update 2: @caribou........"Not even close."

lol............I think it's closer than you want to admit. If you think there weren't some drugs involved in this at some point, you are naive.