Can I get approved for an FHA Home loan?

Hi. I wanted to know my chances of getting approved for an FHA Loan. I checked my FICO score at myfico.com and it is a 653 (I know...not so great). I was an immature college student and I had a couple of charge offs that were paid off 4-5 years ago. I also have about $30,000 in student loans (Obviously, c ollege... show more Hi. I wanted to know my chances of getting approved for an FHA Loan. I checked my FICO score at myfico.com and it is a 653 (I know...not so great). I was an immature college student and I had a couple of charge offs that were paid off 4-5 years ago. I also have about $30,000 in student loans (Obviously, c ollege screwed me up! =) ). I have rented an apartment for 2 years and have since opened 2 store accounts and I have NEVER been late with either. Another good thing is that I have about $6,000 that I am able to use toward a home and I have been at my job for 4 years. Do I have a chance of getting approved for an FHA loan for about 75K? Or, do I need to wait until those charge offs disappear and try to get a conventional loan? Looking for accurate advice only! Thanks! =)
Update 2: NO SPAM OR SCAMS PLEASE.... (Ahem! Mr. Rodriguez!!!)
Update 3: Oops! I meant Ramirez!
1 answer 1