Is Steam worth downloading for gaming?

I just got a nice ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop. Now I'm lookin' to get some good games on it...

Is Steam worth downloading? Does everyone buy games thru Steam?

Favorite Answer

Nice! Excellent laptop brand name, Asus is just about the best laptop manufacturer out there. I'm sure you will get great mileage out of your new laptop.

Is Steam worth downloading? Is this a joke question? You bet your gaming @$$ steam is worth downloading, you will be able to get your hands on just about every game out there. As long as you have a dsl internet connection, you should be able to get up and running pretty quickly. What's great about steam is that you never have to worry about downloading patch updates ever again, its all automatically managed, you will always get the latest updates as they roll in.

Another great feature that people find to be extremely useful, let's say your computer crashes, hard drive fries, etc.. If you purchased your game as a retail copy, you would have to sit tirelessly through all the game install cds. With steam, once you create an account, you simply log in and select the games you want to re-install and it does all the work automatically. This opens up all kinds of possibilities, like, you can download and install the same game to multiple computers, but as long as you only play on one computer at a time, you are good. I had my cousin come over to my house and he wanted to let me play bioshock 2. So he logged into his account, downloaded the game and we played it. Neat huh?

Also, a tip for noobs is to keep an eye out for the holidays as steam has a bunch of awesome sales. You will be able to pick up games at sometimes incredible savings. Keep your eyes open and load up when the sales drop. Hope this helps, good luck.

Source(s): gamer
  • o_O

Yes it is. Games and gamefiles are organised for you, you have a messenger to talk and join your freinds in game, games are easily downloaded and installed, everyday Steam has game offors on aswell as free weekends such as the black ops one that went a few weeks ago. Steam also works as a browser and a media player, allowing you to play any trailers you wish to download from steam. There are also regular news updates, on steam generaly and your specific games. And not to forget it is all electronic! Think about it, if you have £1000 worth of games and your house gets burnt down, all you have to do is log in to another computer and your games are still their! Would you be thinking about your games if your house is burnt down? I guess not but the games will take your mind off it, you see steam helps to sort out your life problems aswell

It takes ages to download moderate size game and it glitches up, but that's just me I suggest buying them in case at your local stores... although I know countless people who swear by steam for getting great deals and not having to leave their house for the newest games... And yeah a lot of people buy games through steam

YOU GOT THE ASUS ROG LAPTOP!?!?!! LUCKY! Congratulations.

Yes, steam is worth it. Permanent copies of your games forever, and you can log into your account at your friends or siblings house, re-download, and play your own games at their house if you want to. That single feature has saved me from countless boring family holidays.

Steam is worth trying but becareful because they are ban happy i know this from countless friends being banned for stupid reasons.

I recommend downloading Steam if you dont end up using it just delete it