I need help on finding a motorcycle/scooter to commute to school with?

okay so lately i've been thinking about getting a motorcyle/scooter because i need a way to get me from home to school and back instead of relying on my parents for rides. i don't know how many miles but its takes about 10-15min to get there with a car and most of the travel is done on the streets so about... show more okay so lately i've been thinking about getting a motorcyle/scooter because i need a way to get me from home to school and back instead of relying on my parents for rides. i don't know how many miles but its takes about 10-15min to get there with a car and most of the travel is done on the streets so about 25-50mph streets.

so what i'm looking for is something that is gas efficient and mileage efficient. can travel on streets and maybe one the freeway but im more worried about the cost of the bike and gas so if its a lot cheaper to get something that can go on streets but not highway, i'd probably go for it. anything under 1000$ is okay but thats got to be the highest. my price range is actually 500$ up or down but i set the limit at 1000$. if i can, i'd like to get one that has a classsic look like the ones you see in itally in romantic movies, just cause i think thats pretty neat. but if not, its fine. i care more about saving money and mileage efficiency and gas and stuff.
Update: i'd also like to mention that i want something that won't get stolen easily. a mini bike or a moe ped or those little ones, those can get stolen easily. i dno't know if scooters that require key can. i just know though that at our school bikes do get stolen so i wouldn't want sometihng that could easily be stolen. show more i'd also like to mention that i want something that won't get stolen easily. a mini bike or a moe ped or those little ones, those can get stolen easily. i dno't know if scooters that require key can. i just know though that at our school bikes do get stolen so i wouldn't want sometihng that could easily be stolen.