Applied online for job?

Ok, I applied online for a job at Starbucks. But I know that a lot of the time online applications go on ignored if you don't call or do something more to show you really want the job. So I was planing on going to the Starbucks today (it's been about a week since I applied) and introducing myself to the manager, letting them know I'd really love to work there, etc. What do you guys think? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot, everyone. You've all been a big help. I'm still gonna go by the store, they're like 5 miles from me. It couldn't hurt. But I'm glad to know about the application testing now. I had a hunch about the questions and that sounds really unfair, it would possibly be why I didn't get a call back from Walmart either.

Best Answer

do it! dont be ignored! remind them CONSTANTLY that you want (not need) to work there (not for Starbucks but FOR that outlet).

SAY the exact phrase " I will not take no for an answer"

It is very hard to come across as too assertive, but very easy to come across as not assertive enough.

Be polite also or it will look arrogant.

• It wont work, trust me. I've done the same thing. Filled out an online application, then called or went in to the store to introduce myself. But I STILL didn't get a call, even after all of that.

If they don't call you back the very next day after you submit the application, they most likely will not call back. These days, these online job applications go by the "green, yellow, red" procedure. Your app will be sent through a main district computer, be analyzed according to what the company wants, and then canceled out if your application does not meet the standards of what the company is looking for. If it's been a whole week, then your application was already canceled out.. You can read more about it here.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB123129220146...

Source(s): Personal experiance

i wouldn't go in because the managers have many things to do during the day and they probably wont feel like dropping whatever they're doing just to talk to you. i would call and ask to speak to the Hiring Manager and tell them you applied a week ago. they're most likely going to tell you that they will take a look at your application and call you if everything looks okay. dont waste ur gas driving up there for them to tell you what they would have told you over the phone.

Don't waste your time, they are doing it online which means they do not want people coming into the shop to discuss jobs. it has only been a week, most companies have a closing date on online applications and then they decide who will be interviewed.

Yeah thats a great idea, it shows that you're enthusiastic about working there!!

That would set you apart from all the other potential employees since it proves that you have initiative and self confidence, and also that you are dedicated and like to get things done efficiently :D

I think you should bring your cv and a cover letter which you could leave with them for them to look at and see your skills - with your contact details on so they can get back to you :)

Good luck, I hope you get it ♥ x

It's a good idea but most of the time (with the big company's) the first stage goes through head office. But give it a shot you have nothing to lose! Good luck :-)

I think that'd be a good idea, as it shows you are keen for the job! Good luck!