Why does verizon expect me to pay $650 for an iphone, when I can buy one from apple for 200?

My verizon plan says I can get a new phone every year but if i want a discount for the phone i need to wait 2 years.

Well right now I have the droid eris which barely works at all right now and I have to wait 9 months to get a phone for a discount, and i think it's bull s*** that they expect me to pay $650 for a $200 phone.

Why does verizon expect me to pay $650 for an iphone, when I can buy one from apple for $200?

Also, if i buy the phone through apple how can I get it to work?

If they really expect me to pay $650 for a phone I'm switching back to Cincinnati Bell because they never gave me any problems.

Favorite Answer

LFMAO LFMAO LMFAO

your highly confused... LMAO... you need to wireless iphone 101 edjumakashun

ON ALL carriers, you can get a new phone ANYTIME... if you pay full price ONLY!!!!!! This is NOT an upgrade... You only UPGRADE 20+ months into your 24 month (2yr) contract.... Upgrading gives you the discount... hence your 9 month longer wait time!

Iphone 4 full price is 599/699 for 16 GB / 32 GB models respectively. The upgrade discount price is $199 / $299........ ATT/Verizon does NOT set prices for the Iphone nor can carry any promotions on it. Apple Does and is the sole promoter for the Iphone. Complaints on iphone prices and promotions can be sent to Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. Ergo... if Verizon says you pay $600, then Apple and ATT and Best Buy and Walmart and Radioshak will allllllllllllllllllllllllllll saaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why????? BECUASE YOU CANT UPGRADE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENCE FULL PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your statement of "Why does verizon expect me to pay $650 for an iphone, when I can buy one from apple for $200?" is totally incorrect and lacks fact. Apple agents will get the iphone for ya from the shelf... ring it up... enter your Verizon # into the system to apply any Verizon discounts/upgrades... and since Verizon already told you that you have none and you gotta wait 9 month... BAM... $600 will pop up... oh... plus taxes... $650... LMAO

you can buy the Iphone at Apple, Verizon Store, Radioshack, Wal-mart, Best Buy, etc etc etc etc etc... but AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL will have your price tag of $600 (plus tax) since ALL will want your Verizon info....

Now, on the bright side.... you can walk into Apple, Verizon Store, Radioshack, Wal-mart, Best Buy and claim not to have Verizon service... then you can get the Iphone 4 for $199/299 new activation price... yep... thats right... a 2nd account and whole new bill... now you'll have 2 bill per months... 1 for Eris and 1 for iphone.......... LOL

"If they really expect me to pay $650 for a phone I'm switching back to Cincinnati Bell because they never gave me any problems."

---------------- have fun... but... umm... they dont have the iphone... LMFAO

Source(s): Sincerely, Android Core, Tier 2 Wireless Manager, 4 years of In-Field Experience Android MOD’er, ROM’er, Themer, Blogger, Addict/Junkie, Hacks, Tips, News, Apps, Reviews, Updates Catch Android Core on Facebook (AndroidCore611), Twitter (@androidcore), YouTube, and Pandora

Boy, have you got that wrong. Unless you're eligible for an upgrade - 20 months of your contract completed, a new iPhone will be full retail - $649/$749 plus sales tax - regardless of where you buy the phone. Apple does not undercut its retailers. Their terms are exactly the same as Verizon's and AT&T's.

Go ahead and switch back. Verizon will be happy yo bill you the early termination fee. However, before you sign anything, try actually READING it this time around.

Source(s): iPhone 3g and 4 owner/former Verizon customer
  • oroza

hi Amanda, For you, it would not count number the place you purchase it from it will be a similar value. the only element is that when you consider which you desire the prolonged guarantee you will would desire to get that from Verizon. I even have att and that i to circulate to an ATT place of work as a fashion to get the guarantee. in an attempt to maintain you a visit basically circulate to the Verizon shop and you gets each little thing at as quickly as.