Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 9 years ago

is it legal to sett off fireworks in Galveston County this 4th of July?

I know there is a firework ban in Harris county, What about Galveston and the surrounding counties?

• Jacob
    Favorite Answer

Montgomery County is the only other full ban county I can find but there's still 3-4 days before fireworks go on sale giving all counties a window to approve a ban.

Some counties are not really saying if they are or not, for example Chambers county was having a meeting a 2pm today to discuss it but there are no online records of the outcome of the meeting so residents are in the dark.

The best way to find out is probably your county's website:

http://www.co.galveston.tx.us/

(the site, as of my answer's posting time, only had restrictions, not a full ban)

Jacob is right- there are restrcitions on the fireworks (no stick rockets or missles with fins) but not a full ban as of yet. So far everything else is still legal to sell/set off.

There is is ban because of the drought, go out on the ocean where there is no dry grass to burn and set them off.