Tax Refund for Dependent Child Making $12,000 a year?

My father lists me as a dependent on his tax return based on the fact that I am under 24 years old and am currently enrolled as a full-time student. If I am making $12,000 over the course of the summer at an internship and the company is withholding Federal income taxes as well as Medicare and SS taxes am I... show more My father lists me as a dependent on his tax return based on the fact that I am under 24 years old and am currently enrolled as a full-time student. If I am making $12,000 over the course of the summer at an internship and the company is withholding Federal income taxes as well as Medicare and SS taxes am I eligible for a tax refund if I file a tax return separately?

A little more info: He is in the upper income tax bracket and pays my tuition without any scholarships or grants which are eligible for exemptions.

I have done a bit of research but there seems to be conflicting information on the internet with regards to the "Kiddie Tax" laws and what constitutes unearned and earned income.

Any insight into this is much appreciated.

Thank you