What would the US founding fathers say about the society of the US on a walk through your city or town?

1700 -- hundreds of years ago

War was absolute and completely different -- wars were on battlefields and cavalry charged after the peasant infantry was mowed each other down

The role of women the issues of the nation and of the world were much more openly talked about

Concepts of policing law and fair trials were completely different to suit a completely different society

--------- So -- now -- 1700 to 2011

And a walk thorough your area of the globe -- what would anyone from any country think walking through what became of their work

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They would stop at the nearest Bar and just get drunk

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

it extremely is stated as Christian Revisionism. The blame lies squarely interior the lap of Ronald Reagan, who invited the religious precise into the GOP. The arguments used via the revionists are pre-u . s . a .. Even the assertion of Indepence replaced into achieved as a British colony. So, whilst the form replaced into written, the founders have been careful to pass away out the be conscious God and subsitute faith. additionally, they skipped over the preposition "a" interior the 1st modification, intentionally. "of religion" no longer "of a faith". some use the Mayflower Compact as meant info. It replaced right into a failed compact. This delivered approximately Roger Williams offering separation of religion and government, for which he replaced into expelled. George Washington replaced right into a Congregationalist, the dominant church of the time, yet he left previously communion, which he seen barbaric, ritualized cannibalism. Roman Catholics are forbidden via the Vatican to be Freemasons, because of the fact the masons grew out of the Knights Templars as quickly as they took risk-free haven in Scotland. determining the fee of male friendship, the Vatican set approximately organizing the competing Knights of Columbus, who're the faulty masons of Catholicism. The Masons run the unfastened Shriners Hospitals on a similar time as the Columbus gang collects money to erect tiny crosses for aborted pregnancies. Who then, I ask, is doing good works?

• 9 years ago

Imagine how you would feel walking around in society in the year 2230. You wouldn't recognize much of anything in terms of technological development and societal development. The skyscrapers and heavy traffic might intimidate them. It would take the founders a while to acclimate. After that they would be pleasantly surprised at how well their bold experiment has worked out.

• John
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

"A government operating by corrupt influence, substituting the motive of private interest in place of public duty, converting its pecuniary dispensations into bounties to favorites, or bribes to opponents, accommodating its measures to the avidity of a part of the nation instead of the benefit of the whole. Such a government, wherever to be found, is an imposter"

--James Madison; from 'Spirit of Governments' National Gazette, February 20, 1792

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You can't build what you want on your land without permission.

You can't travel in your vehicle (read our version of the horse) without permission.

You can't start a business without permission.

We have so many taxes and fees it is nearly incomprehensible thus an entire profession devoted to "figuring" them out. So you cant work and keep the fruits of your labor.

You are not "king" of your "castle", LEOs/Feds can now come in without warrants and take you and take your stuff.

Grandmas and Kids get tasered on the streets in growing numbers, oh and cows..

http://www.necn.com/06/10/11/Cow-Tasered-by-police...

Not to mention the near complete perversion of the Constitution.

They would puke and or immediately croak from an aneurysm...

• 9 years ago

At the founding of our country, my city was the British occupied base for their military in America, and the site of Washington's worst defeat. When he returned years later, he was sworn in as President.

Today, he would probably say wow those buildings are tall and what is pulling those things moving in the roads? And maybe "Hey, that's me" if he sees the statue of himself standing in the spot where he was sworn in.

• 9 years ago

Considering the gutting of working Americans' assets by the plutocrats and their GOPuppets, and the vast enrichment and political empowerment of those plutocrats, the FF's would glow w/ pride that their plutocratic structuring of the US worked exactly as planned.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think they would be shocked to find a Planned Parenthood right next to the Social Security Office.

• hog b
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

They must be spinning in their graves.

It is such a crying shame, I am not an American, but I feel deep sorrow seeing the vision that started America has turned into what we see today.

-do your children still get taught their history? I can't imagine how they could be, and still tolerate the present status quo.

• 9 years ago

Thank you for making the point that there are many old ideas and concepts that make no sense in today's world.

Intelligence and sanity is being able to adapt to a changing world.

• Zaza
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You can not even compare the two periods, but I think they would be shocked into heart attacks if they saw the filth that is allowed on the tube.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.