Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why Americans still buy products made in China?

Most Americans dislike/detest/aversion towards Communism. But some or most of the same individuals buy products made in China without second thought. Can we call it as some sort of double standard? Anyone can explain to me? (I am not politically attached or like or dislike to any particular government or system)

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Twurzz
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

They don't care where its from, they just look at the price-tag, china's products are the cheapest.

Funny how a semi-communist nation is dominating a capitalist market

• 9 years ago

Because we don';t make anything here. That needs to change real fast. It would be difficult to go a day without purchasing something made in China, Walmart's fish comes from China. Everyone should check everything they purchase and TRY to opt for products made in USA, even if it costs a bit more.

• 9 years ago

Nerds should know this answer. Everyone knows about all of the manufacturing jobs in the uSA being outsourced to China, India, Mexico, or wherever... Now if about 90% of the merchandise available in retail stores across the USA, what is the likelihood of an American being able to purchase merchandise made in the USA.

• BruceN
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

People normally put their physical well-being ahead of their ideology. That is the only reason dictatorships can flourish. Happy, well-fed people are not keen to upset the social order. We may not love the producers, but we love their cheaper products. Nixon was a virulent anti-communist, yet he shook hands with Chairman Mao and got China in the UN and with most favored nation status.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most people don't know if the products they are buying are made in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Jamaica, or here in the United States.

That is why, there is no Double Standard, they just simply don't know!

• 9 years ago

Because if you didn't buy made in China your house would be empty. The question should be why don't American Companies keep their products and jobs right here in the USA

• 9 years ago

I doubt anyone considers politics when making a purchase, price is the key. Even if they did it would have a 'my 20 bucks isn't going to make or break China.'

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most people can't make the leap of logic in understanding that paying a 25 cent an hour chinaman, might threaten my 18 dollar an hour widget making job.

• Q
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You can look on most labels, even tuna fish cans, and see it's from China.

Americans want more crap and they're willing to buy the cheapest thing so they can buy more crap.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No shiit. Go to Walmart and see if U can hardware NOt made in China.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.