promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is Neighbourhood Watch, and does it still have an important role in crime management today?

Am I right in saying that more people were members of it in the past? I'm not even sure what it is..

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Neighborhood watch is a group of residents of a neighborhood or home association that work together to keep an eye out for suspicious behavior. They look out for each other and when they see something odd going on, they call the cops to have the situation investigated by the appropriate agency. They do meetings to discuss things going on in their community that may endanger them or the other residents. They also discuss ways of keeping themselves and others safe.

As for current "membership", I dont know. You may want to contact your local police dept to see if they can help you with that information.

-Good luck

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It is a group of neighbors who keep their eye out for suspicious activity.

Membership ranges from neighborhood to neighborhood, so there are no accurate statistics regarding membership numbers in the past and now.

• 9 years ago

Take a look at the movie "Hot Fuzz" if you want to know what Neighborhood Watch is all about. It is without a doubt the best example I've ever seen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.