Good Home Schooling Programs?

Im looking for a good homeschooling program that I can do.. Im looking for one that

I can do on the road, Travelling, So part time.

I can complete assignments in advance so I could finish classes faster & Graduate faster.

Pretty much those are the only factors that are important. So if you guys have any suggestions of good home schooling programs that would be great(:

Favorite Answer

Good programs are different for everyone. We have tried a few and some were great and others not so much. There are Christian programs and secular programs, historical literature based, workbook based, computer programs, online programs. All of those factors will depend on what you need or like.

Personally we have tried Sonlight (love it), Math U See (really love it), Accelerated Christian Education (not so much), and Switched on Schoolhouse (alright but not for us). All are Christian but have very different formats. Sonlight is historical literature based, comes with lesson plans, and a TON of really great books. ACE is workbook based, my then 2nd grader found it too easy, boring, and would finish the entire months work in a day. SOS is computer based, it does most of the grading, sets up due dates, and all kinds of stuff. It was a great program challenging enough for my then 5th grader (same kid) she just didn't like being on the computer all day, a few lessons was fine but all day gave her headaches.

There are other programs like K12, Christian Lighthouse Academy, and Penn Foster to name a few. It all really depends on your preferences and who you are but one of the joys of home schooling is finding out who you really are.

There are many good programs for homeschooling. My personal favorite is Abeka, a Christian curriculum. In saying that, I have to admit that I don't follow any single curriculum.

I am a retired middle school math teacher, and I am currently homeschooling my 11 year-old granddaughter. When you choose a curriculum, make sure it meets the context of the requirements of your state objectives. Those objectives are more important to teach than what is in a textbook. For instance, a lot of my granddaughter's instruction is real life applications. We do a lot of our research near the shore which would include biology, geology, botany, etc. Much of our math is done at the grocery store, department store, in the kitchen, scale drawing for rearranging a bedroom, etc. Art is taught at the museum and sketching at the shore. Field trips are a necessity. Hands-on is the best application. There is no limit to the creativity that can be incorporated into homeschooling. You need to think out-of-the-box. You don't need to teach a textbook.

I have used K12 as good and cherished it. We are christian and use sonlight however I desired to will let you realize it is a satisfactory curriculum and lots of individuals forget the bible classes with none obstacle. This yr we had been studying studies approximately jap cultures and discovered plenty approximately their religions. I for my part do not wish a "religous" curriculum simply an extremely good schooling and that is why I selected sonlight. my youngsters have learn such a lot of extremely good studies and discovered such a lot approximately distinct cultures and strategies! I used sonlight then k12 for a couple of years and now we are again to sonlight. I suppose they're very an identical and I could totally suggest both to any individual!

• momo8

My Father's World or Sonlight would be good, because all the books needed are included.

Also, a program that you do on a lap top, using a CD-ROM, Switched-on-Schoolhouse, although that wouldn't be as interesting.

Source(s): www.mfwbooks.com www.sonlight.com www.aop.com

this is the one we settled on, and we couldn't be more pleased.

http://keystoneschoolonline.com/

you can work on it daily, skip days if you need to, or even take time off it you need to. It's thorough, challenging and adaptable.