Do you think Sodomy Should be illegal????

Lawrence v. Texas is a landmark United States Supreme Court case. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas in 2003.

Sodomy is Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults.

The effect of Lawrence v. Texas was erasing laws throughout the United States that made it a crime to have anal and oral sex between 2 consenting adults acting in private. Both heterosexual and Gay.

At the time in 2003 Thirteen States had Laws on the Books Against Oral and Anal Sex for 2 consenting Adults.- Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas.

Do you think the Supreme Court got it right or wrong????

• Favorite Answer

No and I'm glad we have the United States Supreme Court to make things right in America.

Government should not be telling us how to have sex!!!!!

Right to Privacy anyone????

• Ann

Private bedroom behavior between two consenting adults should be just that--private. Just make certain both parties are adults, so that there's no chance of a statutory rape charge being filed. Living in the South, I think at least some of those state laws were made because those states are in the Bible Belt. The idea of any "unusual" sexual practices is offensive to the "good respectable Christians" who reside there, and they can quote scripture to prove their point. Don't get me started on what those people think abut the Supreme Court--whoooee.

The law is insane.

The only times sex should be prohibited is if it is with a minor, another animal besides human, or with an adult that doesn't want to participate (rape). Everything else should be kept private.

No. It's not really anybody else's business what two consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own home. The law has far bigger issues to be worried about. :-)

I don't think the government should in any way be making laws about what to consenting adults do in private.

• Lost

I think the government deciding what two people can and can't do with each other behind closed doors is an invasion of privacy.

Nope

the law was obviously constructed to persecute gay people. But (no pun intended) it would have to be applicable to heterosexuals, too. That would have clearly eliminated any Republican from being President.

My definition of Sodomy is different than the opinion of Texas. If oral sex is consider Sodomy, there are a lot criminals in the USA and world; whose gonna round them up.

Wow. Now the government wants to get involved with what I do with my boyfriend in our bedroom.

As long as it aint rape, it should be legal.