How can I convince my mom to let me become vegetarian?

I have recently become very conscious of nutrition and my well-being and I have decided to become vegetarian. The problem is that my mom wont accept it. My sister is vegetarian and started when she was about 13. I don;t see what's so different about me especially when I eat a wider variety of foods and... show more I have recently become very conscious of nutrition and my well-being and I have decided to become vegetarian. The problem is that my mom wont accept it.
My sister is vegetarian and started when she was about 13. I don;t see what's so different about me especially when I eat a wider variety of foods and usually show my mom lots of recipies.
She knows I am knowledgeable about nutrition, but she fears it will be an inconvenience when I go to my uncle's house for the summer.
She also 'feels more comforable' cooking meat which I don't understand because she always makes me a separatre meal anyway, since I don't eat red meat.
Any advice that youi guys can give me?