Is it safe to wash diamond rings in the washing machine?

I left it in my pants pocket and i forgot about it. Does it harm it or anything? ALSO, IS IT OKAY TO WASH YOUR HANDS WHILE WEARING IT?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

No.

Yes.

I made that last part up myself. – Thumper

• 9 years ago

The best way to wash a diamond ring is to take it to a Jeweler and let them clean it for you. I don't think it will be harmed in your pants pocket but don't make a habit of doing that While diamond is the hardest stuff around the metals it is surrounded by can break and you could loose it during the washing cycle. Yes its ok to wash your hands while wearing your ring.

Source(s): Life
  • 9 years ago

It should be fine, but I would take it to a jewelry store to make sure the prongs that hold the diamond in place are not damaged. It is a good idea to do this every few years anyway. I had one friend that lost their diamond this way. If you take it back to the place you purchased it they might do it for free.

Not sure about wearing it while you are washing the dishes. Probably best to wear gloves while you are doing the dishes. This will keep it safe and your hands dry and cool.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I wouldn't. Try and keep it as "unaltered" as possible from the original state of purchase as to not encourage discoloration or disassembly. At least that's what my coach tells me about my jockstrap. So diamonds should be similar.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It will be fine:)

And it is okay to wash your hands with it on.

the best way to clean your ring is warm water, soap, and scrub it with a tooth brush:)

Hope I helped:)

Source(s): Clean rings:)
  • 9 years ago

Well, it's safe to wash my dildos in the dishwasher, so I assume diamonds are safe too.

• B.B
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

i think it will be ok , if u need them to be clean try tooth paste and an old toothbrush

• 9 years ago

It's fine don't worry about it.

Source(s): Personal experence
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.