Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Can you suggest a few good books I could read?

I like Harry potter, hate twilight, and liked the first two books in the hunger games series..can you suggest good books I might like??? thanks :)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For something epic and just plain boss, try The Ranger's Apprentice. (series)

For something action packed with witty humor mixed in, try the Bartimaeus Trilogy.(series)

For something Sci-Fy, and and tactical "warfare", try Ender's Game, and the follow-ups.(series)

For something with humanoid aliens with super strength, try I Am Number Four.(series)

For something with secret agents, similar to Alex Rider, try Spy High.(series)

For something with super intelligent evil geniuses, try Artemis Fowl.(series)

For something with magicians and wands, try Harry Potter.(series)

For something with a little magic, but a very good story line, try His Dark Materials.(series)

For something also with magicians, try Warrior Heir, Wizard Heir, and Dragon Heir.(series)

For something with knights and a feud between two groups of people, try The Demon King.(series)

For something with dragons, try The Inheritance Cycle.(series)

For something with mythology, try Percy Jackson and the Olympians.(series)

For something about friendship, try Holes and its follow-up Small Steps.(series)

For something with secret agents, try Alex Rider.(series)

For something about aliens attacking earth, try War of the Worlds.(single)

For something intensely funny, with just plain stupid humor, try The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.(series)

For something about lawyers and a controversial case, try The Justice Game.(single)

For something about a sharp-eyed detective, try The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.(single)

For something about a fantasy world with floating ships and pirates, try The Edge Chronicles.(series)

For something military, action packed, and plenty of **** and **** to go around, try Get Some.(single)

For something short with two serial killers trying to outsmart the other, try Serial.(single)

For something with a mixture of action, romance, and a crazy government, try The Hunger Games.(series)

For something about a girl in the land of dragons, try Starlighter.(single)

For something about an archeologists adventure, try Elisha's Bones.(single)

For something written from the point of view of an autistic child, try The Mysterious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.(single)

For something with plenty of action and mutant people, try Maximum Ride.(series)

For something like Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but with new characters, try The Lost Hero.(series)

For something with action and is historical/science fiction, try The Gideon Trilogy.(series)

For something set in a post-apocalyptic world, try The City of Ember.(series)

• Joy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas Fight Club American Psycho Animal Farm Nineteen Eighty Four Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Heart Of Darkness Generation X - Tales For An Accelerated Culture JPod Fear & Loathing On the Campaign Trail '72 Fever Pitch Catch-22 White Noise I Am Legend A Clockwork Orange The Rum Diary The New York Trilogy The Catcher In The Rye The Bourne Identity The Metamorphosis No Country For Old Men The Road

• 9 years ago

The Princess Bride - William Goldman

Dear John - Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult

Pretty Little Liars Series - Sara Shepard ( this is my favorite )

Beastly - Alex Flinn

A Kiss in Time - Alex Flinn

Maximum Ride Series - James Patterson

The House of Night Series - PC Cast & Kristin Cast

Gone Series - Michael Grant

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series - Ann Brashares

The Vampire Diaries Series - L.J. Smith

• Matched (#1) by Ally Condie

Beautiful Creatures (#1) and Beautiful Darkness (#2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

In The Forests of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1) and Unraveled (#2) by Gena Showalter

Shiver (#1) and Linger (#2) by Maggie Stiefvater

Clockwork Angel (#1) (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2), City of Glass (#3) and City of Fallen Angels (#4) (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

Hush Hush (#1) and Crescendo (#2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Willow by Julia Hoban

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Gone Series by Michael Grant and Finish the Hunger Games Series

i heard Percy Jackson is good too

• 9 years ago

The Dark Tower Series is great.

I also recommend Siddhartha, The Long Walk, Frankenstein, and Lord of the Flies

Also, you cant miss with Tolken

As far as kids books, It dont get better than The BFG

• 9 years ago

I seriously reccomend Fablehaven. I love Harry Potter & hate Twilight just like you. Fablehaven is my 2nd favorite book series (Harry potter being first). It involves many different magical creatues, but it's centered around mortals living in a magic world. They're really really good!

• 9 years ago

Narnia, memoirs of a geisha, the last song, and pick one of those cause those books are awesome! Mainly I recommend memoirs of a geisha, I havent heard of anyone reading it and disliking it. Its my favorite book.

Source(s): my own expirience
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes look up the authors James Dashner (his trilogy hes writing called the maze runner brilliant) and the Author Scott Westerfield ( books - prettys uglies extras) i bet money you will love those books.

Source(s): i read alot duh
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Eli the good, boom!, Nancy Drew series, a series of unfortunate events series, and that's pretty much it :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I recommend memoirs of a geisha, I havent heard of anyone reading it and disliking it. Its my favorite book.

l

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.