HarveyB asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Movies..What are your favorite movie quotes?

A number of memorable quotes stick out to me..What are your favorites?

BQ: Which actor/actress has provided the most memorable lines through their career?

Favorite Answer

"Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make; you can destroy your life every time you choose. But maybe you won't know for twenty years. And you may never ever trace it to its source. And you only get one chance to play it out. Just try and figure out your own divorce. And they say there is no fate, but there is: it's what you create. And even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain, wasting years, for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right. And it never comes or it seems to but it doesn't really. And so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope that something good will come along. Something to make you feel connected, something to make you feel whole, something to make you feel loved. And the truth is I feel so angry, and the truth is I feel so ******* sad, and the truth is I've felt so ******* hurt for so ******* long and for just as long I've been pretending I'm OK, just to get along, just for, I don't know why, maybe because no one wants to hear about my misery, because they have their own. Well, **** everybody. Amen. "

Synecdoche , New York

Had to copy-paste it from imdb , I dunno the thing by heart.

BA : to me Phil Hoffman

Stay Gold,Ponyboy- Ralph Macchio, The Outsiders.

Let's Do It, Let's Do it For Johnny!- Mat Dillon, The Outsiders.

We're On A Bubble Blowin' Baby Hunt, And Don't Think We Don't Know How To Weeeeed Em' Out. -That Guy With An Eye Patch, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

Source(s): I Can't Think Of A Whole Lot. .____.

"She will remember your heart when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. Of all unicorns, she is the only one who knows what regret is~and love." ~ The Last Unicorn (1982)

"There is a story about the Greek gods. They were bored, so they invented human beings. But, they were still bored, so they invented love. Then, they weren't bored any longer. So, they decided to try love for themselves, and, finally, they invented laughter so they could stand it." ~ Feast of Love (2007)

Of moviegoers: "I was one of the insatiables, the ones you'd always find sitting closest to the screen. Why do we sit so close? Maybe it was because we wanted to receive the images first, when they were still new, still fresh, before they cleared the hurdles of the rows behind us, before they'd been relayed back from row to row, spectator to spectator, until, worn out, secondhand, the size of a postage stamp, it returned to the projectionist's cabin. Maybe, too, the screen was really a screen. It screened us~from the world." ~ The Dreamers (2003) {my preference: third row, center}

"Cult films don't draw crowds. That's why they're cult films." ~ Midnight Movie (2008)

"We all have our time machines, don't we? Those that take us back are memories, and those that carry us forward are dreams." ~ The Time Machine (2002)

Dr. Mildred Watson: "You're just like Don Quixote. You think that everything is always something else." Justin Playfair: "Well, he had a point. Of course, he carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be, well... All the best minds used to think the world was flat. But what if it isn't? It might be round. And bread mold might be medicine. If we never looked at things and thought of what might be, why we'd all still be out there in the tall grass with the apes." ~ They Might Be Giants (1971)

EDIT: I agree about "Mean Girls" being quite quotable:

"Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn't make you any smarter. And, ruining Regina George's life definitely didn't make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you." ~ Mean Girls (2004)

Then, there's this story with advice from W.C. Fields:

a) "My uncle, a balloon ascensionist, Effingham Hoofnagle, took a chance. He was three miles and a half up in the air. He jumped out of the basket of the balloon and took a chance of landing on a load of hay." b) "Golly! Did he make it?" a) "Uh, no, he didn't. Had he been a younger man, he probably would have made it. That's the point: Don't wait too long in life." ~ The Bank **** (1940)

• Peepaw

"Go ahead, make my day" - Clint Eastwood - Sudden Impact

I know what you’re thinking: 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" - Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry

"Me and my little friend" - Al Pacino - Scarface

"Here's Johnny!" - Jack Nicholson - The Shining

BQ - Clint Eastwood always seems to have the most memorable lines in his movies.

BTW - "You cant handle the truth" - was from "A Few Good Men" , however, it was Jack Nicholson's line.

Want to know how to get your ex back? Change yourself. Don't worry about changing other people, worry about changing yourself. Go to https://tr.im/TayIk

Once you do that then you can start to worry about getting back together with your ex, other wise you will find that you are fighting about all the same things and getting no where. Do what it takes and I promise things will work out in your favor.

The funny thing is I came to the realization that I had to change a little too late. After I was kicked out and after I was about to lose the only things that truly mattered to me - her love. A funny thing happens when we truly love someone and lose them. We do what ever it takes to get them back. For me I had to drop bad habits that had caused not only our relationship to sour but practically every other relationship I had had in the past. Not only with women, but with friends, co-workers, family, you name it.

Which is why I say to you as my ex at the time said to me, the only thing you can do is change yourself. Work on yourself and improve on the person that you already are. Drop the negative things in your life that don't belong there and you will see all of your relationships start to take off to new heights.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

Thats from the most recent film I have watched but I quite like it.

And I love the bit in American Beauty where Kevin Spacey says, 'This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts.' Aaaaah Kevin :P

When it comes to movies, I don't have a favorite anything. I love too many movies for that. The best I can offer is a random favorite.

"I had no idea you could milk a cat."

"Oh yeah, you can milk anything with nipples."

"I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?"

- Meet The Parents

"I don't like you. I think your a fake cop. The sound of your **** hitting the urine, it sounds feminine! If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren't in my food chain I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin eat you! And then I'll bang your tuna girlfriend."

The Other Guys <3

" Who's to say what's proper ? " - Mia Wasikowska , Alice In Wonderland.

" I'm sorry we drank your dad " - Robert Downey Jr. , Due Date

" My dad really enjoyed coffee. In the end he was enjoyed as coffee - Zach Galifianakis , Due Date.

" Dad, you were like a father to me " - Zach Galifianakis , Due Date.

" Your voice is a mixture of Fergie and Jesus " - John C. Reilly , Step Brothers

• Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****rs- Die Hard

BA: Bruce Willis.