Why do zebras only live in africa when horses who are in the same family come from north america?

Can the zebras have lived in North America too many many many years ago or is the chances of that zero?

• Nick
    Favorite Answer

There were several species of native horses in North America, one of which is called the hagerman horse. It had stripes and was similar to Africa's Grevy's zebra. They went extinct in the late pleistocene age, around 10000 years ago with all the other mega-fauna that was here. The wild horses you see here now are from Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagerman_horse

Well, I would have thought that I'd have at least heard rumors of this by now if it were actually in the planning stages! I also haven't heard about a requirement for a federal ID card with a tracking chip by May 2008; but I hope I'll be able to attend my 50th High School Class Reunion, which will be held Memorial Day weekend, the same weekend as the annual Alumni Banquet of my old school before consolidation! However, by the year 2010 I'll be 70 years old and probably be ready to go home to be with the Lord by then! I know of many people who were highly suspicious of the bar codes and scanners in grocery stores which quickly spread to *all* stores by the mid-1980s! These persons were *sure* that this was at least a forerunner to the Mark of the Beast! Since I believe in a pre-Tribulation rapture, I don't really believe I'll be around to be forced to take the Mark of the Beast by the time it becomes mandatory; but I know there are honest and sincere Christians who believe in mid-Trib or post-Trib rapture! There is also a significant number of Christians who don't actually believe in a rapture; but I believe this is primarily because they are not really well-versed in Biblical prophesy.

Horse don't come from north america! They came over with the europeans and eventually people got the idea that horse came from the Indians and cowboys.

Source(s): AP US History.

Horses were never native to North America. They were imported by the Europeans when they started migrating.