Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists: Would you prefer an afterlife or to cease to exist when you die?

Favorite Answer

Depends on what that afterlife entails.

I'm not sure, I think it would depend on the kind of afterlife. I don't fancy the idea of floating around haunting people or places, watching life without being able to take part would probably aggravate me, but then again if I could watch over my family it might be nice. Would I remember myself? would I get to see the people I've lost? that would be lovely.

I think I would prefer an after life, so long as I got to decide what the afterlife experience consisted of.

That depends on what the afterlife would be like. I can totally see where oblivion would be preferable to eternal existence, and the other way too.

Cease to exist. An afterlife would be okay as long as it wasn't forever. I would hate to think I would be able to live forever - that's just wrong.

Source(s): * no religious belief implied

cease to exist, there is no purpose to an afterlife, why would i want to sit in heaven while other people are suffering in hell, its an awful sadomasochistic idea that any religious person should be a ashamed of if they believe it

i in my opinion does no longer say a gloomy eternity of nothingness...needless to say we are here, little question if we are here and totally wakeful there could desire to be a manner for it to take place back, it is not a one time deal in my opinion. because of the fact what the **** are the possibilities persons being here suitable now in life totally attentive to what's around us at this very 2nd and the possibilities of it no longer going on back in a distinctive form? i'm no longer tapping into any specific faith, yet I do have self belief in a form of spirit or potential pass from this plane probable to a distinctive. needless to say it truly is surpassed off until now (as quickly as we've been born) and it truly is distinctly obtainable for it to take place back, whether it truly is an identical ingredient or in yet another form

Cease to exist, as I believe one life to live is good enough. I wouldn't want to be selfish and stay alive.

Those who are attracted to Eternity will have it and those who don't won't so God will give you your desire.

There is no eternal place of torment but one day the Eternal Fire of the Truth is going to destroy all illusion along with those who decided to walk in it because it suite the lust and desire of self and they will cease to exist even in memory after judgment.

Those who PRACTICE sin shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New American Standard Bible)

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not (B)inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

• Caesar

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination, what i prefer is irrelevant.. to nature

Reincarnation would be nice, but it's going to be oblivion.