devoted08 asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Hi, I am a 27 year old male and my left hand shakes !!! please advice me!?

Hi all, I am a 27 year old male and I have been noticing that my left hand shakes whenever I hold something whether it's light or a little heavy. I have searched the net and read about a disease called Parkinson, and a shaking hand is a symptom. The weird thing is that this disease only happens to people over 50 years old..

Is this normal?? what should I do? and could this happen to a person at my age?? please help.

• Mags
    Favorite Answer

While resting tremor on one side of the body can be a symptom in early Parkinson's disease. You have described an action or intention tremor (performing an action or resisting gravity) or even a postural tremor. These are symptomatic of several conditions including Essential Tremor.

http://www.wemove.org/et/

Temporary tremors can also occur when you are overtired, have a high caffeine intake, put yourself into a hypoglycemic state, have been exercising. Tremors can also be caused by medication side effects, drug interactions - this includes prescription and over-the-counter medications.

FYI: PD has 3 age group categories. Juvenile PD, considered to be genetic in origin, occurs from 2-20 years of age. Young or Early Onset Parkinson's (YOPD) is a mix of genetic and idiopathic origin with environmental triggers and begins at 21 with an upper level of 50 years of age. Older age PD is the category which most people consider to be the time when people develop PD but the fact is that the precursor symptoms can be present for as much as a decade or two prior to diagnosis (when the dopamine neuron loss in the SN is between 60-80%)

But it is more important that you read about ET and stress related conditions which could contribute to the tremors. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is also something to consider.

Please read the info about tremors in general from Medline Plus a service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/00...

The shaking you experience may be indicative of a medical condition which is not movement related and I strongly urge you to see a good doctor for referrals. If this condition persists, you need more than Y!A speculation, you need a medical diagnosis so that treatment can be initiated.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hi all, I am a 27 year old male and I have been noticing that my left hand shakes whenever I hold something whether it's light or a little heavy. I have searched the net and read about a disease called Parkinson, and a shaking hand is a symptom. The weird thing is that this disease only...

Source(s): 27 year male left hand shakes advice me: https://biturl.im/Asgsk
  • ♥ =]

It happens to people of all ages .

If it really is parkinsons , get checked out as soon as possible .Parkinson's disease is a movement disorder that is chronic and progressive, meaning that symptoms continue and worsen over time. It presents itself in many forms.

It's most likely genetic in your case. Ask your mother / father and uncles / aunts later on if they have any symptoms also.

• Emilie

No smoking - no beer/ale - no booze - no drugs. Eat healthy, get plenty of fresh air, sunshine & exercise. Get 8 hours sleep each nite. Avoid stress.