Ed Sheeran- A Team meaning?

I get most of this amazing song, but there's one line that I'm at complete loss at...

"She's in the Class A Team"

What does that mean? Would be very grateful for explanation.

Favorite Answer

I think by her being 'in the class a team' its about her being a drug addict. I assume her drugs are class a drugs? that's just my interpretation. Hope it helped a little?

• melia

Class A Team Meaning

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/PeWuG

the song is about a prostitute who gets beaten up, and takes drugs and ends up passing away. but those lines: The worst things in life come free to us - the violence shes getting is free, and its sort of ironic because she gets paid for becaus shes a prostitute. And we're just under the upper hand - also a symbol for violence and neglect, and the fact she is overpowered by her pimp. Go mad for a couple grams - this is about the drugs, and the fact she doesnt have much of a meaning to her life so she will go mad if she gets a few grams of drugs because they'll make her feel better Watch the video to the A team or listen to Little Lady (its like the A team but more easierto understand whats going on) and you'll understand it more:)

i heard it was about drugs,which kinda makes sense. i don't know the full explanation,sorry :)

I'm pretty sure it's about the Ipswich murders in 2006. "It's too cold for angels to fly" meaning the 5 women who were killed, and yes, there are drug references because they were prostitutes trying to make some money for their addiction.

Considering Ed Sheeran comes from Suffolk, I'm pretty sure he wrote it based on this.