I used EXTREMELY expired Neosporin, should I be worried?

I got a minor infection on my toe from an ingrown toe nail and used Neosporin to heal the infection, I used it 3 times today, it seemed to help, but I didn't notice that the Neosporin was from 1996... Should I be worried and go see a doctor, or should I wait to see if it gets better?

I also washed it off right after I noticed it was expired and used a different antibiotic.

Favorite Answer

only be worried that ur cut is not infection proof right now. but the neosporin will have no effect.

• vixen

It probably just lost some of its potency by being so old. Keep a close watch on your toe and if it is not healing, see a doctor.

you should be fine. a mild antibiotic like that wont just turn dangerous. im sure its less effective than it was in 1996, but i doubt it would do anything other than not kill as much bacteria

If you have used it continuously then it will be problem, immediately consult with doctor. Don;t take a chance

I think you mean antiseptic. No, it won't do any harm but the active ingredients will have faded so it won't work.

Nope nothing happens.

Doubt it,but I wouldn't keep using it!