Can dog fleas affect humans?

Someone gave us a puppy and he has A LOT of fleas so our daughter hasn't gone near him. When i was putting her to bed today there was a dog flea on her face! Then it jumped and bit me on the arm. My husband took the dog to the vet and got whatever med it was, but now it looks like we have the problem inside.... show more Someone gave us a puppy and he has A LOT of fleas so our daughter hasn't gone near him.
When i was putting her to bed today there was a dog flea on her face! Then it jumped and bit me on the arm. My husband took the dog to the vet and got whatever med it was, but now it looks like we have the problem inside. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?
Update: The puppy is outside, has never come inside. He's still shy around us so he doesn't even come near us. His food is in the garage too. Do you really think I still have to do all of that or hopefully you can tell me they will die off?? O and we put tha flea stuff on the grass too. I really don't wanna do the bomb... show more The puppy is outside, has never come inside.
He's still shy around us so he doesn't even come near us. His food is in the garage too.
Do you really think I still have to do all of that or hopefully you can tell me they will die off??
O and we put tha flea stuff on the grass too.

I really don't wanna do the bomb thing, maybe the carpet cleaning and washing everything will do?