Recommendations for purchasing domain name & hosting?

Hello, all! I would like to purchase a domain name to set up my website, and of course, I will need hosting for this, as well. I am familiar with some of the more popular companies, like godaddy (I'm unclear on whether or not the hosting would come with the purchase of a domain name, or if that would be an... show more Hello, all! I would like to purchase a domain name to set up my website, and of course, I will need hosting for this, as well.

I am familiar with some of the more popular companies, like godaddy (I'm unclear on whether or not the hosting would come with the purchase of a domain name, or if that would be an additional cost), and hostgator (I saw a billboard for a discount to host with them the other day, lol), and I know yahoo has a thing where you can set up your website through them, but I am just wondering if anyone has had good experiences with a particular company that they might recommend.

I would really appreciate any suggestions & feedback! Thanks, everyone! : )
1 answer 1