{SPOILER ALERT} This Death Note scene still bugs me, what does it mean?

I am a die hard fan. I watched every episode. Read and own every Volume and the 2 novels. Watched the Anime and Live Action movies. And played the games (through roms- look them up if you don't know what those are). I know L died and had no doubt in that in the manga and anime. Yet, If you can recall, at the... show more I am a die hard fan. I watched every episode. Read and own every Volume and the 2 novels. Watched the Anime and Live Action movies. And played the games (through roms- look them up if you don't know what those are).

I know L died and had no doubt in that in the manga and anime. Yet, If you can recall, at the very end of the anime right after Light dies, It shows many different mini-scenes around the city. One showing L standing in the shadows. Does this mean to say that L did not really die.

I looked back at the anime and volume 7 and I saw L having the heart attack and dying. same in the anime. I check back and forth and in the last episode I triple checked and I am 100% sure L is standing right there...

What does this mean?