{SPOILER ALERT} This Death Note scene still bugs me, what does it mean?

I am a die hard fan. I watched every episode. Read and own every Volume and the 2 novels. Watched the Anime and Live Action movies. And played the games (through roms- look them up if you don't know what those are).

I know L died and had no doubt in that in the manga and anime. Yet, If you can recall, at the very end of the anime right after Light dies, It shows many different mini-scenes around the city. One showing L standing in the shadows. Does this mean to say that L did not really die.

I looked back at the anime and volume 7 and I saw L having the heart attack and dying. same in the anime. I check back and forth and in the last episode I triple checked and I am 100% sure L is standing right there...

What does this mean?

Favorite Answer

I saw a movie that was based on death note and the title is called L.(ok so now here is my answer I put tht there in case you wanna check it out) ok now I have watched many series like that they could make another series of death note or its possible that it was just something to keep readers thinking and give the manga publicity and write letters to the manga-ka so. I recommend being one of those people and write a good letter to the mangaka because its possible that there may be a completly new series(sequal) with L alive in it

Source(s): Expeirence in observations

Some say it's L, alive and wrote his name in the death note, like in the novel and the movies, to prevent dieing earlier,

others say its L's ghost, returning to see his greatest enemy fall. I think both of those answers are convincing, but I guess we won't know for sure.

I never noticed that, but I'd take it in the sense that it's saying that L didn't lose to Light, even though he died, because look who won in the end? L's side. And maybe that's just a way of saying that. :)

I took it to mean "L" was still somehow around in spirit... that he had somehow stuck around in the human plane until Light died. Kind of like a spirit with unfinished business.

Means of dealign with death.

pretty sure hes worm food lol it was probably just filler animation that u saw

• Max

It could be just his spirit watching it.

Help decide which tattoo to get?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvndP...

I think it's just supposed to be symbolic.