Do you think God condones those who pledges their allegiance to a country?

Can you be a Christian and pledge your allegiance to a country... it could be Chile, United States, England, France... any country you choose.

Does God condone your allegiance to a kingdom not his own?

What country does God like best? The USA, Iran, Japan, England, Germany? Can you pledge your allegiance to more than one country?

Why or why not?

Should Christians be neutral and not pledge their allegiance to a country?

• grnlow
    Favorite Answer

How did Jesus describe divided loyalties?

"The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much. 11 Therefore, if YOU have not proved yourselves faithful in connection with the unrighteous riches, who will entrust YOU with what is true? 12 And if YOU have not proved yourselves faithful in connection with what is another’s, who will give YOU what is for yourselves? 13 No house servant can be a slave to two masters; for, either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. YOU cannot be slaves to God and to riches.” (Luke 16:10-13)

" No house servant can be a slave to two masters." Either we pledge our allegiance to God's Kingdom heavenly government or to any human governments. One or the other. Jesus pointed out why true Christians would be hated. "17 “These things I command YOU, that YOU love one another. 18 If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU. 20 Bear in mind the word I said to YOU, A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also; if they have observed my word, they will observe YOURS also. 21 But they will do all these things against YOU on account of my name, because they do not know him that sent me. " (John 15:17-21)

It is the fact true Christians, while continuing to live here in the world, separate themselves so as to not be a part of the world. Just as when on several occasions when many tried to make Jesus their King, he withdrew to another place avoiding them. Meaning, no we cannot pledge allegiance to any government in this world.

Titus 3:1 KJV

"Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates , to be ready to every good work"

Spiritual privileges do not make void or weaken, but confirm civil duties. Mere good words and good meanings are not enough without good work.

But, this applies only in that the laws do not force the person to violate God's laws.

God favors no nation, but His blessings are upon those people who follow Him and obey His laws. As the only nation founded specifically as a Christian nation and based on Christian values, the USA became the lead country of the world due to this Christian background. As the USA pulls further away from these values, her decline is self evident. God does not shower His blessings on a people gone astray, who turn away from His laws.

Source(s): Bible, God's Word

Do you imagine God condones those who pledges their allegiance to a rustic? sure are you able to be a Christian and pledge your allegiance to a rustic... it may be Chile, us of a, England, France... any united states you opt for? sure Does God condone your allegiance to a kingdom no longer his personal? sure What united states does God like best? the country, Iran, Japan, England, Germany? none are you able to pledge your allegiance to bigger than one united states? sure could Christians be impartial and in no way pledge their allegiance to a rustic? no

I don't think it bothers God why would it? He knows our hearts. Are you one of those Christians that like to make the Gospel heavy, loaded down with can and cannot do this and that? I hope not.

That is what JW,s do. Dont vote, no military, no birthday celebration. just are loving people.