Does anyone think that Michael Bay rushed the Transformers movies?

To me the first transformers movie was okay, but the movie takes way too long to introduce the autobots & decepticons, plus the movie has no good character development. Revenge of the fallen has plenty of action along with great CGI, but a terrible plot and character development. Now Dark of the Moon is coming out in two weeks, Revenge of the Fallen just came out in 2009 right? Don't you think Michael Bay should spend more time developing ideas to make TF3 even better than what it might be? Dark of the moon is going to be shorter then both the previous films, it might be good, but will it be good enough to end the franchise? I think Bay rushed revenge of the fallen, which is why it was so poorly put together, and why did Bay kill the Fallen off so quickly in the last movie? See what I mean no character development at all, but idk this is just my opinion.

Best Answer

The first wasn't too bad, but it shares the thing common to the superhero movies; lots of exposition to introduce the characters to people who know nothing about them.

The second had waay too much stuff going on in it to be a cohesive film. There seemed to be 5 different plots trying to fight for screen time during the film. While this works in something like "Lost" where you have a lot more time to develop everything, it suffers greatly in a 2 hour movie. Definitely rushed IMO.

I think he should go in favour of a tight story where he can get in some character development in but not overwhelm a single main plot. It's a popcorn movie not something you should be confused about if you leave the theatre for five minutes to use the restroom.

• Juno

If it's character depth and quality plot development you're looking for, Michael Bay is not your director. He specializes in cheesy summer blockbusters. They make a LOT of money when they're fresh, but they do not hold up as great movies. All special effects, no substance.

Not the first one, but 2 was a train wreck and I will probably not go to 3 because of it. They're just goosing that franchise at this point. While on that subject, hasn't Marvel run out of superheroes YET? Does EVERY SINGLE ONE deserve his own movie?

Michael Bay is a overrated director by far.

It became stunning!!!! I spent my childhood, staring on the sketch sequence and accumulating the toys, it became a thrill to work out Optimus best and Megatron duke it out!!! i think of we are going to see greater of this franchise, there are distinctive characters which will nicely be presented and that i think of there quite a few spoilers obtainable (the PSP sport risk-free Shockwave as a character, in line with threat he will take place in transformers 2?) IMO it became one hell of a action picture 4.5/5 stars!!!!