Is it safe to say that LulzSec have declared Cyber War?

I've no respect for these @holes.

Update:

They're targets keep getting higher ranked. They're going to go to far sooner rather than later.

Update 2:

Get off your high horse there mister. You know how much information is being gained through these attacks? Bank codes, names, addresses, e-mails! And you don't think this is dangerous. Plus you just complimented me, know how Jesters were the only one who could question the Kings.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LulzSec are a bunch of kiddies trying to get attention.

Not to mention they're total hypocrites. Their actions only provide a further argument for internet censoring.

Source(s): Saying "For the lulz" hasn't been funny since 2006
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Twurzz
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but i honestly think lulzsec is a government run group trying to promote internet censorship.

I mean, if hacking such high ranked sites was easy enough a couple of immature college students could do it, we would probably see more stuff like this.

And country club, they're doing a lot more than DDoS attacks, they hacked the premier internet security site on the web and changed their homepage.

• Doug
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

They're using arcane SQL Injection and DDoS attacks. Not too complex.

Most self-respecting system administrators should have countermeasures set up for such event. The sites that were hacked deserve it.

When they figure out that they can't get access to the SQL database storing passwords or the passwords are one-way encrypted, they just deface the site.

I'm sure the Patriot Act will kick in soon and they'll be found.

• Pfo
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No.

Defacing web pages is hardly l33t, and the really good hackers aren't just doing things to get attention. You will never hear about the ones you really need to worry about.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, they're just kids who use DDOS against websites not intended to handle heavy traffic. That's not hacking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.