Other than Bible, Name any Scriptures or Prophet who told that Jesus is Son of God OR God has a Son?

If u Read the major Religion scriptures and stories of All the Prophets before none of them told that Jesus is begotten Son of God OR God has a Son.

Indeed in John10..30-33...

30. I and my Father are one.

31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33. The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

If u Say Jesus is begotten son of God, then why Jews rejected the concept of son of God and blamed him for Blasphemy, Did Moses or other prophets did not tell them that God has a Son.

who is going to come to rescue u from the sins.

kindly give me a honest reply with the Reference

Update:

I am Not satisfied with the answers.

Plz give me a ref. With regard to Abraham, Jacobs Jonah, and other major Prophets.

It can't be that these major Prophets didn't reveal regarding such a Major concept of god having a Son.

God will surely not hide such a thing.

As far as Christianity is concerned even they have accepted this concept only after a long time after Jesus passed.

Update 2:

Mansoor Quran denies that jesus was son of god Indeed Allah says

“O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.’ Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. For God is indeed (the only) One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. And God is sufficient for a guardian.” (Quran 4:171)

“And they say: ‘The Most Merciful (God) has taken (for Himself) a son.’ Assuredly you utter a hideous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins; That they ascribe unto the Most Merciful a son, when it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Merciful that H

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

2@@@@@@@ Mansoor,

Taking men for Gods or sons of Gods was not a new thing,All ancient mythologies have fables or kind.

God says in Qur'an '' The Jews call ''Uzair'' a son of God ,Christan's call Christ as the son of God. That is a saying from their mouths; [in this] they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the truth''[Qur'an,9;30]

• 9 years ago

Luke’s account indicates that many Jews were anxiously expecting the Messiah to appear at the particular time Jesus was on earth. Simeon and other Jews were “waiting for Israel’s consolation” and “Jerusalem’s deliverance” when the babe Jesus was brought to the temple. (Lu 2:25, 38) During the ministry of John the Baptizer, the people “were in expectation” about the Christ, or Messiah. (Lu 3:15) Many, though, expected the Messiah to meet their preconceived notions. The prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures showed the Messiah as coming in two different roles. One was “humble, and riding upon an ***,” whereas the other was “with the clouds of the heavens” to annihilate opposers and have all rulerships serve him. (Zec 9:9; Da 7:13) The Jews failed to appreciate the fact that these prophecies related to two distinct appearances of the Messiah, these appearances occurring at widely separated times.

Jehovah was responsible for the first Messianic prophecy—one that gave hope to sinful and dying mankind. God foretold the coming of the Seed of his “woman,” or universal organization.—Genesis 3:15.

That One was identified as Abraham’s seed, and Jacob foretold his coming. (Genesis 22:17, 18; 49:10) Glories of the Messiah’s Kingdom were extolled in the psalms. (Psalm 72:1-20) Isaiah foretold that the Seed would be born of a virgin, and Micah prophesied that the birth would occur in Bethlehem. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2) These are but a few of the many Messianic prophecies.

It was foretold that Jesus would be born in the tribe of Judah of David’s family (Genesis 49:10; Isaiah 11:1, 2) and in the town of Bethlehem. (Micah 5:2) One close associate would be unfaithful and would betray him for 30 pieces of silver. (Psalm 41:9; Zechariah 11:12) Lots would be cast for his garments. (Psalm 22:18) He would be pierced, but none of his bones would be broken. (Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 34:20) Daniel 9:24-27 foretold the coming of Jesus as the Messiah, or Christ, after 69 weeks of years, a period of 483 years running from 455 B.C.E. until Jesus’ baptism in 29 C.E. Half a “week” (3 1/2 years) later, in 33 C.E., Jesus was “cut off” in death as foretold. Other details of the prophecy were also fulfilled.

Jesus’ being called the “only-begotten Son” (Joh 1:14; 3:16, 18; 1Jo 4:9) does not mean that the other spirit creatures produced were not God’s sons, for they are called sons as well. (Ge 6:2, 4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:4-7) However, by virtue of his being the sole direct creation of his Father, the firstborn Son was unique, different from all others of God’s sons, all of whom were created or begotten by Jehovah through that firstborn Son. So “the Word” was Jehovah’s “only-begotten Son” in a particular sense, even as Isaac was Abraham’s “only-begotten son” in a particular sense (his father already having another son but not by his wife Sarah).—Heb 11:17; Ge 16:15.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Daniel 7 depicts the Son of Man (a title Jesus used of Himself) as being God, insomuch as He is being worshiped and served by all humanity and is an everlasting King (all of which are attributes and characteristics of God.)

And I think you miss the point of John 10. Jesus calling Himself the Son of God was a claim of Deity and equality with the Father. That's why the Jews wanted to stone Him.

• 9 years ago

That is easily enough explained, since God has declared in his word that His revelation comes through the Jews and the Jews alone....

"He has revealed his word to Jacob,

his laws and decrees to Israel.

He has done this for no other nation;

they do not know his laws.

Praise the LORD. "

Psalm 147:19-20

“Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

John 4:19-26

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Jesus never directly said he was the son of God. Yes he said he was one with God, but he also said that anyone could become one with God like he did.

The arguments for Jesus being the son of God came around during the Nicene Council, which decided on numerous ideas that defined Christian theology simply by vote of hands. Those who supported the argument got their ideas from Hinduism, with all it's avatars and reincarnation beliefs. In the end the people who agreed that Jesus was God's son and not a prophet of God won, and banished those who disagreed so they wouldn't have their ideas spread. For a long time, both sects say the other as heretics, but the pro-side won out because they controlled the Catholic Church.

• 9 years ago

Yes Qur'an says, Yahud and Nasara says a truth...about Isa and Uzair.

Yahud denies that Isa (Be Piece Upon Him) is son of God. Where as Nasara denies that Uzair (Be Piece Upon Him.) is son of God.

Yahud = Jews

Nasara = Christians

The truth is that both,Isa and Uzair (Be Piece Upon Them)are prophet of Allah not son.Allah is one and no one is like him.Who knows each and every thing what is in your heart.Who denies this, can not be escaped from the Hell any way.

Source(s): Any muslim schollar can show you the above AYAT in Qur'an.
  • 9 years ago

Prov. 30:4

Source(s): Prov. 30:4
  • 9 years ago

I believe in the trinity which means all three are one. God of the Father, Holy Spirit, and Son. All of them make one God. Look at it this way, I am a Sister, Daughter, and Friend. I can be a Sister and not be a Friend but I cannot be a Friend and not be a Daughter. Its like God took part of himself and put it on earth. The Son is his human form that he sent to earth. Jesus is God.

• M
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

In the Eddas, Odin has many sons.

He even sleeps with a Giant once to have a son, who will avenge his son Baldr, who was killed by [his blind son] Hod. Thor is a son of Odin and Jord (Earth).

As you can see, Odin has many sons. And we too are, in a sense, the sons of Odin.

Source(s): No chance without Odin ;)
  • 9 years ago

Only the bible considers Jesus a god/ son of God. all other holybooks before and after christianity oppose this idea. they say that God doesn't have a son and he's the only God.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.