what a baby dragons called?

fledlings? hatchlings?

14 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    In the fantasy literature I've read, the most common term is "dragonette". "Drake" (in literature that I've read) is used either as the equivalent of "dragon" or for "lesser" dragons - a different, sometimes flightless species of dragon.


    "fledgeling" is problematic in that it implies the growth of feathers needed for bird flight. "Hatchling" is good for any just-hatched animal.

    One can also invent words, such as

    - dragonling

    - drakeling

    - fireling

    - flameling

    - wyrmling

    (Think: goose - gosling; duck - duckling)


    gives us these interesting-sounding options

    - dragonock

    - dragonelle

    - dragonling / drakeling

    - dragonette

    - dragonlette / drakelette / drakelet

    - Jim

  • 6 years ago

    Hatchling, Wyrm and Drake are 3 that I know of

  • 4 years ago

    A baby dragon is called a whelp, then a fledgling,

  • DJ
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

    What OMG it is as big as a Rhino doesn't work?

    In most stories it is hatchling, or dragonette

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago


  • Big K
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    I think that a young dragon is called a drake, I have no idea what the mythology behind the term is.

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awWqG

    It depends on the age. Very young ones are called hatchlings. If they are at least one year old, they are called dragonlings. Once they hit ten years, they are called drakes or wyrms, depending on whether or not they have wings.

  • I know it's most likely not a correct term, but "snapper" sounds quite appropriate for a baby dragon.

  • 5 years ago

    a baby dragon is called a hatchling /;-))/!

  • 9 years ago

    I've heard them called Pseudo Dragons before.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.