Common Post-Gallbladder Surgery Symptoms?

I'm 16 years old, male, 110lbs. Very active. Because of that, we were all surprised when we learned that my half year of suffering was caused by gallbladder disease. I had laparascopic surgery to remove my gallbladder (and appendix just for the heck of it) on June 3rd, so almost two weeks ago. My days of having... show more I'm 16 years old, male, 110lbs. Very active. Because of that, we were all surprised when we learned that my half year of suffering was caused by gallbladder disease. I had laparascopic surgery to remove my gallbladder (and appendix just for the heck of it) on June 3rd, so almost two weeks ago. My days of having 2 or 3 attacks per night are over, but I have noticed some minor discomforts.

I'm fully back to my active self. Playing basketball in the driveway, running at full seed, etc. My physical recovery is complete. Mainly at night (or at least more severe at night), I'll sometimes experience really bad acid reflux. My throat burns, it's uncomfortable to swallow, and I feel burning in my stomach area. I couldn't sleep on my stomach or side for 6 months while I had Gallbladder Disease, and I can do so now, but only on my left side- my right sends my stomach into these crazy gurgling and rumbling noises. Sometimes I become nauseated, but no vomiting. I am losing sleep because of this problem. As for diet, my diet is getting more and more regular by the day. Only had one incident, in which I tried to have a Jr. McDonald's cheeseburger late last week just to see what would happen (bad mistake- bile dumping started before I was even out of McDonald's). I haven't had any diarrhea or noticeable bile in stools since. Other than that, my appetite is getting more and more by the day. My incisions aren't sore anymore, and I can't even explain how much better I feel overall with my gallbladder out.

What I did want to know, is A) Is acid reflux/sore throat like I described fairly common after having gallbladder surgery? I can't stand the people who get on and start complaining about how miserable they are; don't get me wrong, I can tolerate the discomfort compared to what I was going through pre-surgery, but just out of curiosity, how long does it take for all of this to subside? And while Tums and Pepto Bismal seem to be doing the trick in the daytime when I'm up walking around, they do very little at night, is there anything that can help this? After doing a lot of research, it doesn't sound like it might be just generic stomach acid, is it possible this could be bile reflux? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. And for those of you that had gallbladder surgery, how long did it take you to return to 100% normal with your GI system?