Light switch from one room and separate outlet is turning of power of outlet on the opposite side of the wall?

My computer is connected to an outlet that sits directly opposite the outlet in my kitchen. When the kitchen light switch is turned off, it has now started affecting the power in my office and also shutting off what is plugged in there. We've been in this home for over 15 years so what would cause this to... show more My computer is connected to an outlet that sits directly opposite the outlet in my kitchen. When the kitchen light switch is turned off, it has now started affecting the power in my office and also shutting off what is plugged in there. We've been in this home for over 15 years so what would cause this to happen after all this time? It just started a month or two ago. Thanks!!