Can I run AC and DC through the same DPDT relay?

I have an Omron MY2N 110/120 (s) relay I am trying to use in my system. From my reading the coil is activated by AC voltage. The relay is a DPDT, according to the relay it can handle up to 10A 250vac or 10A 30vdc. I know since the coil is AC then it must be activated on AC, but there are 2 separate circuits so can I use one side to switch an AC power on and off and the other side a DC, or should I have 2 relays

Here are the details from the website

http://www.ia.omron.com/product/item/mys_2104b/ind...

• Nomadd
    Favorite Answer

You can run whatever you want through each set of contacts up to the limits.

• Percy

The first two answers are correct from a operational point of view but you must be careful to ensure that the terminals of the two segments of the relay, are secure so that the AC and the DC cannot leak to each other, thus creating a DANGER of electric shock and damage to the consuming devices that the relay feeds.

• clauss

to considerable question - no they'll actual work together.. Loooong time in the past that grow to be how masthead amplifiers have been presented with means. So there grow to be AC from the RF sign and DC from the means source on the comparable coax cable. i'm no longer used to that technique of earth detection. And am a doubtful with regard to the efficacy of that attempt. yet i comprehend that transformers (there's a grant transformer someplace) do unlike DC through them. It turns into what's called a magnetic amplifier then. A single unit testing would no longer be a controversy, yet whilst multiple consumer's connect with the comparable grant transformer , it would possibly be a various tale

Both good answers. Possibly you can energize the coil with less dc volts than specified for ac. More dc volts will over heat the coil. The reverse is not true. Dc relays typically chatter if the coil is energized with ac. Neil

Yes you should be able to use one as a single pole AC on/off and the other as a single pole DC on/off switch.

However you may find some noise on the DC due to inductance from the AC side, especially when coil energises.