How to be goth, with color?

I'm trying to be goth. Before I continue, if you are so against goths or no nothing about it, go away. Seriously, X out of the page. WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? Now, if you are still here, I'm going to assume you are a goth or know about goths or at least have a brain. Anyway, I'm having... show more I'm trying to be goth. Before I continue, if you are so against goths or no nothing about it, go away. Seriously, X out of the page. WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?

Now, if you are still here, I'm going to assume you are a goth or know about goths or at least have a brain.

Anyway, I'm having trouble with the clothes (the fun part). I cannot afford a new wardrobe of gothy clothes, my mom would never buy them and being 13, I can't exactly get a job. I will happily wear long velvet thrift store dresses... In the fall. I hate the summer, its too hot for fashion. I do have some clothes that are gothy in style, but totally not in color. Rosy pink floral dress that would be perfect for a tea party? Not goth, but maybe with a black lace shawl and gloves and a parasol...

So, in other words, what are some accessories that will make anything look goth? And what are some good ways to build up a goth closet?

Bonus- Tips on goth makeup? Black eyeshadow isn't enough. I'm already pale enough naturally, I don't need foundation several shades lighter (Also because it doesn't commonly come more than one shade lighter). I like dark lipstick- But my mom thinks I look too old with it (I look about 16 with no makeup, with wine colored lipstick I look about 18 apparently). I'm not actually a fan of liner on myself, mainly because it always looks way too overdone when i try. Any way to make makeup more interesting without liner or lipstick? (Though I might be able to get violet lipstick. It looks cool.)
Update: ABDN, what was that? Seriously, all the grammar mistakes make it very hard to understand. Lets start with the simple question: Is "Date" supposed to be "Hate"?
Update 2: Bearpanda, um, what exactly is so funny?