Is there a law for truth in hiring of a perspective employee?

I applied for a full time position online with a business. I interviewed for the job and told them about my qualifications pertaining to my work experience. I got a call back asking about the hours I can work since I had another job in another State. The bottom line is I was told by other workers that they only intend to keep 15 to 20 people of the 56 they had setting up the business, which I was never told during my interview. And I was let go after 6 weeks by phone the next day, even though I worked the day before because my position was eliminated. And now I'm unemployed. There was no truth in hiring only to get bodies in and then eliminate after wards. Plus they hired 4 more after the fact of the store being completed. Is there a cause of action on my part to pursue this matter in court for misrepresentation of a job posting and failure to disclose information which resulted in my having resigned from my other job of which I had been at for a year. The manager also told me she would recommend me for training in management because of my qualifications.

Favorite Answer

You have nothing. Except a rather difficult to understand question.

No, unfortunately there is no such law. Employment in almost every state is "at will" which means the employer can let you go at any time for any reason without giving you notice.

• Judy

Not the answer you're hoping for, but no, nothing illegal was done, and no you have no cause for legl action.