Raising Children Wiccan-- is it possible? Misconception? Or what?

It's rare but occasionally I hear of children raised Wiccan. We have always considered our kids Pagan (he's Pagan; I'm Wiccan) until they were old enough to themselves choose and embrace Wicca as a specific path (which my daughter did back in her teens, but my other kids haven't yet though they... show more It's rare but occasionally I hear of children raised Wiccan.

We have always considered our kids Pagan (he's Pagan; I'm Wiccan) until they were old enough to themselves choose and embrace Wicca as a specific path (which my daughter did back in her teens, but my other kids haven't yet though they still consider themselves Pagan).

Then I got to thinking about Catholicism; how you're baptized and raised Catholic but are expected to make a confirmation to it later. And it got me thinking is it possible to really raise a kid Wiccan until (if) they come to an age where they choose to be dedicated/initiated on their own.

It seems to me there is a lot about the core tenets of Wicca that require someone of an age of accountability to embrace them. I read a book once "Family Wicca" and this couple raised their kid what they consider Wiccan. But then it seems to me that there is nothing specifically Wiccan that the child is doing. It's more like eclectic Paganism influenced by some Wiccan beliefs and practices.

Is Wicca a religion you can raise children in it from the get-go? Like is it possible to claim there are 6 month old and 3 year old and 6 year old Wiccans?

Or is it unique in that it's a religion of converts-- that it's something someone has to make a choice to embrace at an age of accountability?

And as usual: I know Christians believe we need Jesus and atheists believe we're all delusional; feel free to rant off topic and don't mind me if I ignore you.
Update: Thank you Dream; but I'm not asking if I should raise my kids Wiccan.

I'm asking if it's possible, because Wicca is not a religion about dogma or beliefs; it's an experiential religion. People who understand Wicca better will understand why I ask. No offense.
Update 2: That Guy: it's not an issue of shame. I raise my kids Pagan, they celebrate Wiccan holidays, they know what Wicca is and what it is about. To be Wiccan one must choose for oneself to commit to it and practice it, though, which a young kid can't do. Some even argue that the only way to be considered Wiccan is... show more That Guy: it's not an issue of shame. I raise my kids Pagan, they celebrate Wiccan holidays, they know what Wicca is and what it is about. To be Wiccan one must choose for oneself to commit to it and practice it, though, which a young kid can't do. Some even argue that the only way to be considered Wiccan is through formal training. It's not a 'sign up now and you'll learn as you go' type religion; more like 'learn first-- then decide'.

Nightwind: very astute. I have not thought of that distinction, but that does make sense.
Update 3: Hi Christians ;-) I've been Wiccan 20 years. My husband is Pagan. My oldest (21) is Wiccan. Our younger children are being raised Pagan. I'm not asking because I am curious or dabbling. My faith is beautiful, inspiring, positive, and empowering. I only pray you are finding as much fulfillment in your own as I... show more Hi Christians ;-)

I've been Wiccan 20 years. My husband is Pagan. My oldest (21) is Wiccan. Our younger children are being raised Pagan. I'm not asking because I am curious or dabbling. My faith is beautiful, inspiring, positive, and empowering. I only pray you are finding as much fulfillment in your own as I find in my own. You're missing the point of the question.

Matt:
That's funny; most kids I have ever known to do drugs grew up in Christian homes. I suppose Wiccan parents wouldn't be exempt from the same problems though; so far none of our kids have done drugs but our youngest is 10 so of course it's a landmine we still avidly work to side-step; we ourselves have never done drugs and barely even drink.

But you have probably met many kids and adults that seemed perfectly normal to you too, that you probably never guessed were Pagan or Wiccan... because they weren't screwed up and didn't fit your stereotype image it probably never crossed your mind.

I would bet you ANYTHIN
Update 4: G you couldn't pick my family out of your typical crowd at the ballpark or Disneworld.