What should a group of dragons be called?

I am writing a fictional short story for fun but I don't know what a group of dragons is called. Like fish are in schools, birds are in flocks, wolves are in pack, but what about dragons? Please help me think up a good name for a group of them.

Thanks!!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Traditionally it's: a flight of dragons. Alternatively: a weyr or a wing of dragons.

Ojohaven.com has the suggestion "a doom of dragons".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I recommend a flight.

Though to be honest it depends on the dragons you're using. If they are typical western dragons a group of dragons would be a cemetery since they are very territorial and concerned with their hoards and would likely kill each other or keep their distance. The other possibility would be young dragons that haven't reached their full growth or at least a large enough size to be independent. On the other hand if you have them work as a collective you could call them a swarm or a hive. will they run into a murder of giant crows?

• 4 years ago

A group of dragons is referred to as a clan This was due to the fact that Dragons were believed to be sentient creatures, so if they traveled together it was because they chose to be a part of that clan for more reasons than just being in a group. Hope this helps

• 9 years ago

A flight of dragons.

That is what I've always called a group of dragons since growing up as a kid, I remember watching the movie called, The Flight of Dragons, in which the referred to them as such. The movie was also based off several books.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Squadron

Clutch

Pride

Nest

Billet

Coven

Brood

Flock

Tribe

Village

You're the author, what are you trying to convey to the reader about your dragons? Even though dragons are mythological you're not limited to the Mythology board for help. You can ask the folks in Science or Books for suggestions. They're vocabulary on this might be more extensive.

• kozzm0
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

There are no groups of dragons, that's why there's no name for them. Dragons are loners.

Just like there's no name for a group of tigers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Dragoons and Dragonettes or Firenites and Dragon flies

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Oh, I like 'a coven of dragons'. I think that makes them sound cool.

• 9 years ago

How about a Den of Dragons?

• 9 years ago

A Dragoon.

Source(s): Makes sense to me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.