since there are almost no Japanese who are fat, how do you explain sumo wrestlers?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sumo wrestlers actually eat a very, very specialized diet, usually developed by the sumo stable head who is usually a former sumo himself. Eating this diet and sleeping several times a day in between training helps them bulk up quickly, and when they're ready to retire, because their diets are so healthy, they can drop the weight really quickly and look completely normal.

Also, I've seen legitimately fat people in Japan. They're not rampant, but they exist, so don't think they don't!

• Jishow
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Foreigners always say that sumo wrestlers are fat. But it is not true.

Generally, sumo wrestlers' body fat percentage are usually less than 20%. Some wrestlers' are 10%. Their huge bodies are made from muscle. You should understand that they are not fat but muscular.

• 9 years ago

>since there are almost no Japanese who are fat,

This is not true. Maybe, there are no fat people in Japan by your standard. But Japanese standard is different. Japanese people think that some people are still fat.

• 9 years ago

They eat only two times in a day, but the portion of each lunch are extremely big.

They are also supposed to have nap in daytime. This special life style makes them very fat.

It is also told that their bodies' fat/muscle ratio is incredible. They have more muscle than they appear. They are not just flabby guys.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sumo wrestlers are actually in very good shape. I heard they eat actually very healthy, but they do eat A LOT of rice...so...there you go. XD

Source(s): native japanese
  • Lv 5
    9 years ago

some Japanese have big eyes

some Japanese have low IQ

some Japanese hate raw fish

some Japanese are rude

and some Japanese are fat

don't believe the stereotype.

"other culture people" are not clones

• 9 years ago

Chanko nabe ! I think

• 9 years ago

They're that way on purpose !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.