What makes evolution a scientifically proven fact or even science?

What I mean is that how can it be considered science if it goes against te very philosophy of science? My dad recently read a book on the philosophy of science and read excerpts to me. It said that for something to be science it hast to be recordable, testable and repeatable. Evolution is none of these... show more What I mean is that how can it be considered science if it goes against te very philosophy of science?

My dad recently read a book on the philosophy of science and read excerpts to me. It said that for something to be science it hast to be recordable, testable and repeatable. Evolution is none of these things.

It also said that as much as scientists want to prove something they cannot prove anything. For example if they dropped a ball 5000 times off a building and it fell to the ground each time all they know is that out of 5000 times of being dropped the ball hit the ground 5000 times. Using this evidence they could predict that the 5001st time it was dropped it would hit the ground but they couldn't prove it unless they actually did it. Even then some philosophers could argue that they were mistaken and it did not necessarily hit the ground. In the same way using evidence scientists can predict guess that evolution occurred but they can't prove it. (I personally do not believe in evolution but that I do not want to get in an argument about that.)

The aim of science is to gain the knowledge as close to the truth as possible. Since evolution cannot be repeated, tested or recorded and since nothing can actually be proved according to the founders of modern science I pose the same question.

What makes evolution a scientifically proven fact of even science?

Please give proper answers. I am genuinely intrigued and am not looking to annoy anyone or insult them.
Thank you