Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

I lied to my online (best) friends... I need help choosing!?

So here is a stupid sounding, long story. Please don't laugh :D . So I was at this place meez.com and I was like 9 (2007). And I met this friend who was 13 and 9 year olds can't be on that site, so I said I am 15. I didn't think we would be friends for so long, but we were, and to almost 2 years! I also met some of her other friends and we also became really good friends. We had really good times. But like a year later they found my facebook and found out my age (this was recently, a few months ago)! My friends were really mad, and I couldn't face that embarrasment, so I blocked them all on msn and I left meez. Then my real life best friend hacked and banned me... I am still mad at that. But now I don't know should I:

1. Apologize to them and come clean with the whole story from the start? (I'm kinda scared to do that)

2. Or not say anything and not go there anymore (I still feel guilty and ashamed...)

I know they are online friends, but if you knew them, they really would become important to you...

Thanks for the answers... I just told them that if they let me back in, I will tell them why i did it... wish me luck :/ I really need it...

Favorite Answer

I totally understand what your friends are going through. Two years ago, when I was playing World of Warcraft, I met a guy while I was doing some missions. And we talked about the game, and our country (we were from the same country) and he told me he was 15 (I was thirteen). I believed him, but I found out from another player that he's actually twelve. When I asked him, he confirmed, and I was mad at him for a month or so, blocking him on the game, but then I started missing him, and we made up. Now we play more than ever. One thing: age doesn't matter. My best friend is one year younger than me, but he's taller, and way cool. So you should apologize, even though you're scared!

Source(s): Personal experience.

Tiffany, you already know what you should do. First, you were in a place your did not belong and you betrayed your friends' confidences in you by not being honest from the beginning. Unfortunately Sweetie, you brought this all on yourself. Most people don't like liars and I'll bet you don't either. So buck up and be honest with yourself and all of your friends, then let the chips fall where they may. You can't go back and fix this because you should not have been there from the beginning. Take the pain of this experience forward with you and let it make you a better, more honest person. Let your "friends" decide for themselves whether they can accept the truth or not. Move on. Be Honest.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Source(s): life's experiences,

simple question. You should obviously tell them the story to why u kept the charade going. After u do say that u would have told them but u didn't want to mess up the friendship. You're probably gonna have butterflies in your stomach but just tell them the truth. Hopefully it all works out good luck.

And if they can't forgive u then move on you did your part you were going to lose them either way so might as well try to gain their trust back.

i totally think online friends are super important sometimes so i can feel where you're coming from. but in this case, and in all times in life really, keep this in mind, it is always better to tell the truth and be honest. no matter what the situation or screw up is, lying about it is ALWAYS worse. coming clean and moving forward can only make things better :) i know you're scared but it'll turn out alright. even if they don't stay your friends, you learned a lesson and you can sleep alright knowing you did the right thing.

Just Tell Them

Just tell them that u had to lie about ur age cuz u was too young to be on it