Failed pre-employment drug test?

I don't smoke marijuana or consume it in any way shape or form. Somehow I failed my pre employment drug test for Harris teeter. The lady said thc was in my system but she said it could read a false positive. What should I tell my manager? I really need this job. Would she understand?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Could be you were at a party. I don't smoke, but I start crying if I'm at a party where it is being smoked... second hand smoke I guess?

Take the test again - be sure to do NO parties for at least 4 days to be sure.

GC

• 4 years ago

1. You won't get the job 2. It will usually just stay between you and your employer. Some employers place those tests into a national database that other potential employers can pull up when you apply for a job. 3. It can show up in a national database for other employers to see. This is rare and only very few employers use this. Walgreens uses it. 4. No, police will not know. It's not a crime to have drugs in your system unless you're driving.

• Ed Fox
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

There are many types of drugs beside marijuana.

A prison inmate agreeing to weekly drug tests as a condition of being given enhanced status (more privileges) within the prison can fail a test if he has unwisely drunk a lot of water prior to the test - a diluted sample is a fail

• Frank
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Boss, I'm completely clean, and I don't know why the drug screen came up positive. I don't use drugs at all, and I think I will be a productive employee. Please test me again so that I can begin working.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Offer to do the test again. If no luck, too bad

• 9 years ago

Tell the truth and demand another test.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.