Excruciating stomach pain every five to ten minutes?

About every five to ten minutes I get extremely miserable stomach pain. I don't feel great in between the pain, but it's not nearly as bad. My whole stomach tightens and I literally double over in pain and want to scream because it hurts so bad. I've never had stomach pain that hurts this bad, and frankly it's beginning to scare me. It has been going on really consistently all day (and started last night). I have tried to get up and move about and hope that I could shake it off, but no such luck was in my court today.

At this point I need some outside advice about what could possibly be happening? I have been considering going to the ER with the last couple of pains but it's very expensive and absolutely a last resort. Any advice on how to make the cramping less- i've tried advil, tums, pepto bismal, heating pad, crackers, sprite, etc. All the regular stuff isn''t helping. Anything you know or recommend would be of use! Thanks so much,

LG>

• imsety
    Favorite Answer

See your health care provider as soon as possible (gastroenterologist), for consultation. Pain may be generalized, meaning that it is present in more than half of your belly. This is more typical for a stomach virus, indigestion, or gas. If the pain becomes more severe, it may be caused by a blockage of the intestines.

Pain that is localized is found in only one area of your belly. This type of pain is more likely to be a sign of a problem in one of your organs, such as the appendix, gallbladder, or stomach (ulcers).

Cramp-like pain is usually not serious, and is more likely to be due to gas and bloating. It is often followed by diarrhea. More worrisome signs include pain that occurs more often, lasts longer (more than 24 hours), or has a fever with it.

Colicky pain is pain that comes in waves, usually starts and ends suddenly, and is often severe. Kidney stones and gallstones are common causes of this type of belly pain.

For prevention of many types of abdominal pain:

Avoid fatty or greasy foods.

Drink plenty of water each day.

Eat small meals more frequently.

Exercise regularly.

Limit foods that produce gas.

Make sure that your meals are well-balanced and high in fiber. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

I hope this helps you. And good luck.

• domina

Excruciating Stomach Pain

• Lynne

Go tot he ER now, now, now!!! He might have a urinary blockage in which case he could die anywhere within 12-24 hours. This is considered a medical emergency so they should take the cat immediately. GO!

Sounds like cramps

Something is very wrong! You must see a doctor immediately. It is not going away and will only get worse.

I don't know what to do. I be watching Snooki on Jersey Shore!

Are you sure you aren't in labor?

Stranger things have happened...

Source(s): Occupational Therapist in a hospital