Is it possible to live in a barn/shed house built with a kit?

I'm trying to find options for moving out of my parents house. My boyfriend said he'd live with me to help me out. His parents have a big yard and said we could use part of it. There's a cute little corner of the yard just big enough for a very small home that has a rock wall around it that we like. A... show more I'm trying to find options for moving out of my parents house. My boyfriend said he'd live with me to help me out. His parents have a big yard and said we could use part of it. There's a cute little corner of the yard just big enough for a very small home that has a rock wall around it that we like. A cheap idea for our own place was a barn home, but they're so much, even with the kits. So we looked at some larger sheds and one unit cabins, which are much more affordable, especially if you buy them as a kit and put them together yourself and I know several people in my family who are good with building things...my uncle actually built his own shed and pool house and a swing set for my cousins. Anyway if I did this, is it possible to make it livable? We'd need to hook up electricity and add some plumbing...is that possible? And if so how? Does anyone know about how much that might be?