How can I be just friends with someone I have a huge crush on?

Like for me I have this really good guy friend of mine who I really love and I have had the hugest crush on him since I was in high school. He is not gay and he does know I love him because I told him not to long ago. He said that although he is not gay he finds it charming that I like him in that kind of way and... show more Like for me I have this really good guy friend of mine who I really love and I have had the hugest crush on him since I was in high school. He is not gay and he does know I love him because I told him not to long ago. He said that although he is not gay he finds it charming that I like him in that kind of way and he is flattered. But when I asked him on a date he thoughtfully reminded me that he was not gay and that our friendship was going to be enough. My problem is every time we go to hang out or spend time together I am faced with his good looks!

I mean you would have never seen a more handsome man! He is everything I want from a man and he has so many of my interests that you would think we are twins or something. We know a lot about each other. He is 18 and me 22 but man I can't stop looking at him every time I see him. How can I still be best friends with him when every time I see him I am hypnotized with his good looks? Of course he is always wearing this sexy cologne for men and that makes me even more attracted to him. How do I deal with this problem? We are best friends and that's it. We have known each other for years and I don't want to stop being his best friend but he is good looking!

Any ideas?
Update: I live in a homophobic town so there are no gay guys here :(